CadMouse issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

loves2cycle73

CadMouse issues

Post by loves2cycle73 »

Hello everyone! I have been using the CadMouse and SpaceMouse for a little while now. I have noticed that it is hard to get a double-click action on the left mouse button sometimes. I thought I would try connecting via bluetooth instead to see if that makes a difference. I found that I cannot connect the mouse via bluetooth. The pointer will move but nothing else works. I does the same exact thing if I try to plug the mouse in via the cable. I cannot use the mouse and charge at the same time. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated!

Jeremy
UtaSH

Re: CadMouse issues

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Jeremy,

first of all: sure you can charge the mouse and use it at the same time. Our wireless devices can do that. Once you connect the device with the cable to your computer to charge it behaves as a wireless device and you can continue to work seamlessly.

For Bluetooth see at the bottom of this FAQ for information about Bluetooth on macOS.

Additionally you have to follow these instructions if you have macOS 10.14 or higher.

In case you still have problems please proceed as follows:
  • Uninstall the current driver. Go to Finder >> Applications >> 3Dconnexion >> Uninstall.
  • Reboot your machine
  • Install the driver. Make sure to Accept all the prompts.
  • Reboot your machine
  • Click the Apple Icon
  • Click on System Preferences
  • Click on Security and Privacy
  • Under the General tab, click "Allow" for "3Dconnexion S.A.M." This should be below "Allow apps downloaded from:"
  • Reboot your machine
loves2cycle73

Re: CadMouse issues

Post by loves2cycle73 »

I went through all of the steps you suggested. I can now pair as bluetooth and the mouse buttons click but I still cannot use the mouse if it is plugged in. The pointer will move but the buttons are disabled. Any other thoughts?

Thx!