LCD screen on SpaceMouse Enterprise not working?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

bdcmiami

Re: LCD screen on SpaceMouse Enterprise not working?

Post by bdcmiami »

I was excited to use my new SpaceMouse Enterprise and was not expecting to kick off my experience with a hiccup like this. Please get an update out to us ASAP :evil:
Tom.Gilheany

Post by Tom.Gilheany »

Thanks to @MarqueIV !

I downgraded my installation by one, and now the button labels on my MacOS SpaceMouse Enterprise are showing up correctly,
and FAR more functionality revealed.

It makes me wonder what QA was performed on the software prior to release, as it seems this issue cuts across ALL applications,
and is evident within the first couple of minutes of use.

As a new user, it seems that there should be a Wiki with an "onboarding" guide per OS and per supported application.
It has taken quite a lot of Google-fu to find out how to get things to work for an application, and they really should
consider setting up a CX (Customer Experience) function to measure and reduce the time between un-boxing,
and having the first application working.

-->Tom
ivan_ef

Post by ivan_ef »

MarqueIV wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:59 pm Just did a little more digging with my old SpacePilot Pro. The driver 10.6.5 borks the display on that unit as well. 10.6.4 works there too.

Simply put, 10.6.5 breaks the displays on units that have them.

You guys should *really* consider pulling 10.6.5, or at least marking it as 'beta', not 'current' and make 10.6.4 the current one. That would tell people unless there is a *specific* reason to upgrade to 10.6.5 (e.g. some critical issue that they have no choice but to accept, knowing that the 'fix' will also break the display) you should be using 10.6.4.
MarqueIV,
by the way, did you get old SpacePilot Pro working correct? i got issues with assigning keystrokes to axis with 10.6.4 on Catalina.
Japi

Post by Japi »

UtaSH wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:30 am Hi Japi,

we apologize the trouble you encounter. We are aware of this issue and are tracking it with our internal bug number MAC-188. This issue will be fixed in our next driver release for the mac. Unfortunately I cannot give a release date but you will find the latest driver here.
Is there any update on this, when this will be fixed on the new drivers?

MarqueIV wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:44 pm Not sure this is the best solution, but it is *a* solution. Simply install the legacy 10.6.4 and the displays start working again. I didn't uninstall 10.6.5. Just installed 10.6.4 over it and it seems to be better. Still can't get the custom views to work with F360 tho.
And for some reason I had even trouble with 10.6.4 drivers (didn't get the screen working). So I even downgraded to 10.6.3. It works, but not perfectly. Sometimes even with that driver the screen might not work. It might randomly get fixed, if I reboot the computer.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Japi,

this issue should be fixed with the latest driver - 3DxWareMac 10.6.6 - which was released on August 4th.

Which driver version are you using?
ivan_ef

Post by ivan_ef »

Japi wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:26 am And for some reason I had even trouble with 10.6.4 drivers (didn't get the screen working). So I even downgraded to 10.6.3. It works, but not perfectly. Sometimes even with that driver the screen might not work. It might randomly get fixed, if I reboot the computer.
Are you working on Catalina with 10.6.3 driver? I guess this version is also not publicly available. Please pm me if you have installer package.
florian.lenz

Post by florian.lenz »

Hello,

we are using the SpaceMouse Enterprise on VMware VDI (Windows 10) with Wyse 5070 ThinClients and Citrix as Session Broker. We configured the ThinClient to passthru the device to the VMware. Driver 3DxWare 10.7.0 (64).
Everything is working, but not the LCD Display. Device Manager shows on remaining "unknown device", which definitely belongs to 3Dconnexion:
Hardware-IDS:
USB\VID_256F&PID_C633&REV_0442&MI_00
USB\VID_256F&PID_C633&MI_00

I tried, to manually select the spacemouse driver, but without success. Does anyone have an Idea or is using a similar solution?
Japi

Post by Japi »

ivan_ef wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:59 am
Japi wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:26 am And for some reason I had even trouble with 10.6.4 drivers (didn't get the screen working). So I even downgraded to 10.6.3. It works, but not perfectly. Sometimes even with that driver the screen might not work. It might randomly get fixed, if I reboot the computer.
Are you working on Catalina with 10.6.3 driver? I guess this version is also not publicly available. Please pm me if you have installer package.
I sent a pm, but I have only tested the driver under Mojave (not on Catalina), so I don't know if it works or not.
Japi

Post by Japi »

UtaSH wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:56 am Hi Japi,

this issue should be fixed with the latest driver - 3DxWareMac 10.6.6 - which was released on August 4th.

I already tested the newest driver 10.6.6. when it was released, but still the screen didn't work. Has any other user in here tried the new 10.6.6 and got the screen working? Or still the same problem?

(And currently I'm running 10.6.3 driver, as in that the screen seems to be working. Although one problem that I noticed was that if I diconnect and connect the SpaceMouse again, then the screen wouldn't work until I restart the whole computer)
Japi

Post by Japi »

UtaSH wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:56 am Hi Japi,

I now tried the 10.6.6. driver. It seems to be working this time, but if I want to disconnect and reconnect the device, for example if I need to move my laptop somewhere else, and then I reconnect the device, the LCD screen doesn't work. I can fix it by restarting my whole computer. So it seems the LCD screen works only on the first connect, but if disconnect and reconnect it again, the LCD screen doesn't work. I don't know if anybody else has reported this bug?
Japi

Post by Japi »

And I have the same bug as here:
https://forum.3dconnexion.com/viewtopic ... 23&t=39647

The button text on the LCD screen is white, so reading those buttons becomes bit difficult.