Space Mouse isn't working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

skyscorcher

Space Mouse isn't working

Post by skyscorcher »

Hello there I just received my Space Mouse and it's not working at all in macOS Catalina Version: 10.15.4 (19E287)

Settings panel malfunctions, I cannot calibrate the device, when I try to run the trainer it crashes and in general, it's not working properly.

I'm very disappointed by the product, to be honest.

Unless you can help me iron out all these issues, I'd like to ask for a refund, please.

Thanks

PS. I'm also attaching a link to a short screencast I made to illustrate my points.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3u5aeb26i6i ... noCda?dl=0
UtaSH

Re: Space Mouse isn't working

Post by UtaSH »

Hello skyscorcher,

I am sorry that you have a bad experience with our devices. Did you follow the instructions for masOS Mojave and higher? See here.
AndrewPollock

Post by AndrewPollock »

I am having the same exact issue with my new mouse. I reviewed the suggestion offered by UtaSH with no luck. I can find no other help in setting up this new mouse.
skyscorcher

Post by skyscorcher »

Hello, Yes I have tried everything in your resources, I have this issue on macOS 10.15.4. I have tried to install the previous version of the driver and it asked me to allow the extension, which I did. The device is found on the preferences, but I cannot calibrate it, the cursor isn't doing anything and in general, it has zero functionality. It's as if it's not connected at all. Could you please help me out here?

Thanks
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi AndrewPollock and skyscorcher,

I saw that you both contacted our Technical Support Team. In case you are able to solve the problem with them please let us know your solution. :)

skyscorcher, I have pushed your request. You should hear back from the team today.
Hoodratpaco

Post by Hoodratpaco »

I, also, have been experiencing the same issues with most recent driver 10.6.5 (10.4 & 10.5 also do not work) with macOS 10.15.4. I've called the support line multiple times and they were not able to resolve the issue either. They told me they would test and provide me a follow up of the results via email. Haven't received an email nor call back. Just called support a few minutes ago and someone is hanging up the moment the line connects. I'd like an ETA for this fix or a total refund of the product.
godson

Post by godson »

I can't get my wireless spacemouse to work on either of my OSX Machines, both are running 10.15.4 Catalina

I have followed all the FAQ, tutorials posted here to no avail.

The dongle is recognized if I use the pairing app but it wont find the spacemouse. If I plug the spacemouse in via usb it works...

Not sure what else to try
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi godson,

please contact our Technical Support Team.
gonzalom

Post by gonzalom »

I just I got the new SpaceMouse wireless and doesn't work on MacOS High Sierra. Installation of driver was OK but after restart and trying to run the trainer or properties.... the device is not recognize. This is very disapointing.

Gonzalo
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi gonzalom,

did you follow the instructions from our FAQ for High Sierra?
gonzalom

Post by gonzalom »

It didn’t came with those messages. Should I uninstall the drivers from you and reboot the system and try again to re install?

Gonzalo
gonzalom

Post by gonzalom »

Yes I did and working too perfection.

Thanks you,

Gonzalo
manuelwenger

Post by manuelwenger »

Same here OS 10.15.5. with Rhino 6 - Space Mouse doesn't work.
it just drives the cursor l/R and is not recognised in the System Preferences.

I reinstalled the latest driver, followed the instructions for High Siera, but no luck.

This is fairly annoying ! Hope this can be fixed soon
mccartytorres

Post by mccartytorres »

Hi everyone,
The driver installation went OK, but when I restarted the computer and tried to run the trainer or look at the properties, the device was not recognized io games. This is a huge letdown.