SpaceNavigator issues and Fusion360

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Deaniture

SpaceNavigator issues and Fusion360

Post by Deaniture »

Hi everyone,

I have currently got a SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse, and it used to work brilliantly on my old MBP with SolidWorks (run in a virtual environment), however I have now moved over to Fusion 360 due to both cost and the somewhat archaic functioning of SolidWorks now, however my SpaceNavigator doesn’t seem to want to work at all on my new iMac. I have installed the latest 3DxWare for my system, however I have many issues as listed below:

1) The blue ring of light doesn’t appear when plugged in - not so much an issue, but more of an observation if helpful.
2) Moving the knob on the mouse only moves the cursor slowly on screen, instead if moving the views in Fusion 360, as is desired.
3) The trainer in the 3DxWare panel crashes every time it is opened - again, not really an issue since I am very familiar with the physical operation of the device, I just didn’t know if this may be of help when diagnosing any issues.
4) Τhe two buttons in the ring do not seem to work in any day-to-day recognisable way.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced these problems before, and if they were able to resolve the issue in anyway? It is very irritating as it is currently just sitting there as a very expensive desk toy!

Kind regards,

Edward
aalsalihi

Re: SpaceNavigator issues and Fusion360

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Deaniture,

Thanks for your post. Usually when the cursor is moving while touching the knob its an indication that the kernel extension is not loaded. I would highly recommend to check that under security and privacy to see if you need to allow it in there.

If you running Catalina then the latest driver on our website should function with it with no issue (Driver 10.6.5). If you running Mojava or something else then you might need to install either driver 10.6.1 or driver 10.6.4 which are located in our archive here https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/arc ... ivers.html

I would highly recommend following the steps below when installing a new driver which will allow you to check the kernel extension in the process:
1. Uninstall the current driver. Go to Finder >> Applications >> 3Dconnexion >> Uninstall.
2. Reboot
3. Install the driver. Make sure to Accept all the prompts.
4. Reboot
5. Click the Apple Icon
6. System Preferences
7. Security and Privacy
8. Under the General tab, click "Allow" for "3Dconnexion S.A.M." This should be below "Allow apps downloaded from:" You can also refer to the link here for images: https://www.3dconnexion.com/nc/service/ ... ojave.html
9. Reboot your Machine
10. test it

If you have any other questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to reach back.

Regards,
Abdul. A
aweichman

Post by aweichman »

Hello! I am also trying to get this working in OSX. I have a SpaceNavigator 3DX-700028 but it doesn't seem to be detected by the latest drivers (3DxWareMac_v10-6-6_r3234) on MacOS. I believe that the drivers stated in the archive say that the last version that supported this product in OSX was 10.6.4, but the link to download these doesn't seem to work any more? The link that gets returned from the driver search page is this for me:
http://17osrg460vnh32txvs1x75a9-wpengin ... _r3069.dmg

But that just kicks me back to the main drivers page. Am I missing something? Is the link broken?
janvin

Post by janvin »

I'm trying to get access to the archived driver 3DxWareMac_v10-6-6_r3234.dmg as well but the link is not working - directs me to the general CADmouse page instead.

I'm running MacOS Mojave and am running into the same issues as the original post. Went through the steps of uninstalling, rebooting reinstalling, rebooting, allowing the app from other developers to access etc. but still no proper operations of it.

If someone has a direct link to that driver, that would be great.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

aweichman wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:47 pm Hello! I am also trying to get this working in OSX. I have a SpaceNavigator 3DX-700028 but it doesn't seem to be detected by the latest drivers (3DxWareMac_v10-6-6_r3234) on MacOS. I believe that the drivers stated in the archive say that the last version that supported this product in OSX was 10.6.4, but the link to download these doesn't seem to work any more? The link that gets returned from the driver search page is this for me:
http://17osrg460vnh32txvs1x75a9-wpengin ... _r3069.dmg

But that just kicks me back to the main drivers page. Am I missing something? Is the link broken?
Hi aweichman,

for the SpaceNavigator the latest driver is still the correct one. See here.

Yes, the link is broken. :| Sorry. We are working on it. In case you really need it (I doubt :wink: ) see here.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

janvin wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:42 pm I'm trying to get access to the archived driver 3DxWareMac_v10-6-6_r3234.dmg as well but the link is not working - directs me to the general CADmouse page instead.

I'm running MacOS Mojave and am running into the same issues as the original post. Went through the steps of uninstalling, rebooting reinstalling, rebooting, allowing the app from other developers to access etc. but still no proper operations of it.

If someone has a direct link to that driver, that would be great.
Hi janvin,

3DxWareMac_v10-6-6_r3234dmg is the latest one. You can find it on our driver download site. For 3DxWareMac_v10-6-4_r3069 see here.
Darcsyde

Post by Darcsyde »

I've just developed a problem with my SpaceNavigator not acting right with my computer... it's acting like a normal mouse in my 3D design software... And now when I reboot, there screen says "The 3Dconnexion software is not allowed to load" and it gives me a link to click to get to my "security & privacy" preference panel... but the "Allow 3Dconnexxion S.A.M." is not showing as an option... I"m stuck... the 3Dconnexion software is saying I don't have a device connected... I can't calibrate or turn the LEDs on and off anymore (they're on)... and worst off.. I can't use it in the software I need it to work with!!!

I've uninstalled the software and drivers several times... but the option is still not available in the "S&P" panel

HELP!!!

Thank you
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 9.41.05 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 9.41.05 PM.jpg (42.04 KiB) Viewed 6404 times
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 9.38.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 9.38.53 PM.png (70 KiB) Viewed 6404 times
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Darcsyde wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:44 pm now when I reboot, there screen says "The 3Dconnexion software is not allowed to load" and it gives me a link to click to get to my "security & privacy" preference panel... but the "Allow 3Dconnexxion S.A.M." is not showing as an option...
Answered here.
Nuno Gomes