macOS BigSur Public Beta - Legacy Extension

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

kr15_uk

macOS BigSur Public Beta - Legacy Extension

Post by kr15_uk »

Ladies and gents,

macOS BigSur Public Beta (20A5343j) is out now and unfortunately as you most likely know 3DxWare 10.6.6 (latest as of now 10/Aug/2020) dodoes't work.
I believe same on Beta 4 hence build number is almost the same (20A5343i).

Same old Legacy Extension warning and that's about it.
(luckily it doesn't kill the machine leaving it on boot look like it was with Beta 3 and prior).

Do you have "3DxWare Public Beta" ready as well which can be tested?!

Thanks.

Kris
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 17.00.06.png
Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 17.00.06.png (213.52 KiB) Viewed 21500 times
UtaSH

Re: macOS BigSur Public Beta - Legacy Extension

Post by UtaSH »

Hi kr15_uk,

we are working on a solution for this issue. For now we do not have a beta. In case we can provide a beta I will contact you.

Thanks,
RicoHo

Post by RicoHo »

Maybe you could also contact me if you have a beta of the driver. It would be very nice!
gbevin

Post by gbevin »

@UtaSH I had to install Big Sur Beta for work in order to prepare our products for the final release, but now my 3D SpaceMouse doesn't work, which is really annoying for another part of my work. Please make a beta available so that my workflow is not completely disrupted. Thank you!
UtaSH wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:42 am Hi kr15_uk,

we are working on a solution for this issue. For now we do not have a beta. In case we can provide a beta I will contact you.

Thanks,
RicoHo

Post by RicoHo »

Maybe I'm wrong, but the new architecture for extensions has existed for a year. Why wasn’t a new driver published in the last months?
bomtarnes

Post by bomtarnes »

UtaSH wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:42 am Hi kr15_uk,

Thanks,
Is there any update on this? We're now in public beta of big sur, would be nice to have the spacemouse enterprise back working to test with it.
RicoHo

Post by RicoHo »

I think the new system architecture for the system extensions was introduced with Catalina. Nearly one year ago. Unfortunately nothing happened during this time. The problem could have been solved long ago.
Mac OS Big Sur is a beta version, but many professional users need it for their work. I work as a beta tester for a 3D software. Unfortunately I can't test this software with Big Sur because this crappy driver from 3Dconnexion doesn't work. There are only sparse answers to questions here in the forum, but nothing constructive. Is this professional? Probably not. Maybe it's time to look around for other hardware. I wanted to buy new hardware from 3Dconnexion a few weeks ago, but I decided against it again.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

I have to admit that I also upgraded my main installation to Big Sur
since the first Public Beta. Yes, it is beta but stable enough for me
so I stayed on Big Sur.

So also no 3DConnexion devices for me (on Mac).
But I was pretty impressed that my Wacom Cintiq still works fine.
bomtarnes

Post by bomtarnes »

This is what I have. I've tried disabling SIP, no luck, uninstall/reinstall, no luck.

3Dconnexion, please give us something to work with!
Canadian_Pistol

Post by Canadian_Pistol »

I have the same. With iOS and it’s various versions out today it looks like macOS will be a while. The Big Sur beta is very stable in in many cases better than the OS it replaces. You’ve got to have a fully functioning beta ready to go - as macOS may have come out today. Why can’t you just post it as beta? At the very least you get many more beta testers rather than dealing with issues at macOS final release.

Thanks!
RicoHo

Post by RicoHo »

I think 3Dconnexion is not interested in Mac users. No new driver and no answer in this forum speaks for itself.
The 3Dconnexion website has just introduced new CAD Moueses that would really interest me. However, due to the poor support here, I'm not buying any new products for the time being.
solarmill

Post by solarmill »

The lack of working drivers is frustrating. The lack of response is VERY frustrating. I love my space mouse but it's becoming clear that 3D connexion doesn't give a damn about me or my ability to do my job as a professional 3D modeler. seriously WTF. This hardware isn't exotic. It shouldn't be that damn hard to make working drivers.
bomtarnes

Post by bomtarnes »

@UtaSH a comment would be nice.
monkeygrip

Post by monkeygrip »

wish i read this before i ordered one.

1. i didn't even think i'd have to check for beta support because of the weight of the brand name
2. how are people/devs supposed to test the hardware with their updated software?

come on, i'm about to send it back on the ambiguous replies from support. they don't seem very interested.
RicoHo

Post by RicoHo »

I think we don't get an update for the driver in the next time. Mac-Users are not welcome here.