MacOS 11.00 (Big Sur)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

cjadams

Re: MacOS 11.00 (Big Sur)

Post by cjadams »

Here is hoping this is solvable.. i would up the priority over almost everything else till this is done.. But also UE5 on PC and mac.. as well. would be nice if its easy?? ;)
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:46 am Here is hoping this is solvable.. i would up the priority over almost everything else till this is done.
On Mac, there's nothing higher than restoring the virtual keyboard feature.
But also UE5 on PC and mac.. as well. would be nice if its easy?? ;)
We're never that lucky... There is interest in Unreal for Mac, so we'll have to address it as well, imo.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

We're never that lucky... There is interest in Unreal for Mac, so we'll have to address it as well, imo.

Indeed.
At least since UE5 preview ....
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:49 pm On Mac, there's nothing higher than restoring the virtual keyboard feature.
Meanwhile could you concentrate on other features too?
phil8900

Post by phil8900 »

phil8900 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:29 am To be sure that the mouse button is not working and the issue is not a problem with Archicad I used the following web page:

https://www.onlinemictest.com/de/maus-test/

The mouse wheel button doesn't do anything when the Cadmouse is connected via Bluetooth. I then tried to use the mouse with a cable but that didn't change the behaviour.

The mouse wheel button is working with a different mouse.
This issue is still bothering me. Could this be related? I don't see mouse options for the middle button in the mouse settings dialog.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252453004
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

phil8900 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 am This issue is still bothering me.
I think the issue you referring to is this:
phil8900 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:29 am The mouse wheel button doesn't do anything when the Cadmouse is connected via Bluetooth.
Perhaps the wheel button is disabled in the relevant driver configuration? Go to the 3Dconnexion pane in System Preferences and check if the wheel button is enabled (and what it is assigned to) in the configuration used for the target application.
phil8900

Post by phil8900 »

ngomes wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:47 am Perhaps the wheel button is disabled in the relevant driver configuration? Go to the 3Dconnexion pane in System Preferences and check if the wheel button is enabled (and what it is assigned to) in the configuration used for the target application.
Now I feel utterly stupid :| This solved the issue for me, the keystroke previously assigned to the middle button was assigned to the mouse wheel click in the settings, but I'm pretty sure I didn't change that.
Anyways, thanks for pointing me in that direction..
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

phil8900 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:24 am This solved the issue for me,
Excellent. Good to know it's sorted.

We are not aware of any setting changing without user intervention. This would be a bug in a driver, one we would be very keen to fix.
MarcinSzydlowski

Re: MacOS 12.01 (Monterey)

Post by MarcinSzydlowski »

I had similar problem with CadMouse Wireless (2015) and I solved it.

I'm migrating from Windows to MacOS on brand new MacBook Air and after connecting the mouse cursor moves but clicking buttons had no effect. Solution in my case was to update firmware of mouse (MOUSE MUST BE CONNECTED DURING THE PROCESS VIA CABLE).
I had to downloading tdxflash (link is on this site: https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support/faq/ ... 0-big-sur/)
After following the instruction from the user_guide.pdf now I am able to use my mouse on Mac.