MacOS 11.00 (Big Sur)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

JacquesH

Re: MacOS 11.00 (Big Sur)

Post by JacquesH »

Tha same here with Big Sure RC which will be released tomorrow. A shame that there is no fix since month!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi everybody,

we are providing the beta now publicly. See this FAQ for more information. You will find the download link there and a link to a feedback form. Please let us know what you find out. Any feedback is very much appreciated.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

I saw the FAQ,
that the original CADMouse is not supported.

Does this mean only the first revisions,
there were already some hardware changes
(and I alread had 2 replacements)
or
does it mean all original CADMouse revisions are incompatible ?
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

My CADMouse wireless doesn't work via bluetooth. Tried to uninstall the driver but the mouse doesn't work.
Grapher

Post by Grapher »

I was even warned by my IT department that I should not upgrade to Bug Sur yet.
berrianmtn

Post by berrianmtn »

Well, I upgraded to Big Sur and installed the beta drivers. The space mouse wireless absolutely does not work. I did submit my report on the requested link.

Hope this is resolved quickly and proceed with caution. I had to update to Big Sur for non-3d related reasons and now I'm 3d mousless :(
cassettegirl

Post by cassettegirl »

So wired CadMouse no longer works at all and never will or is it just for right now and it'll eventually get fixed? I only got it last year.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

Unbelievable.
CADMouse USB and original Space Navigator don't work anymore.

BTW,
my latest CADMouse doesn't even work reliably on the 3DConnexion Mousepad,
which I initially got with the Enterprise Kit.
I need to move it on the blank wood table and wear the teflon pads.
And again (should be a later revision which does bo more oxidate
that much on aluminium parts than before) it needs some noticeably pressing time
on LMB, to really register the LMB click.
And CADMouse is my first Mouse that,without special driver, doesn't even provide
the most bsaic LMB and RMB clicks.
Why so complicated.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

Hmmh,
Enterprise reacts to some buttons like Iso ot Fit View ...
but no 3D Bubble actions.
cassettegirl

Post by cassettegirl »

Spacemouse Enterprise works, but original CadMouse that I bought new a year ago is no longer supported? Contacted support as suggested by the Beta driver page only to be sent a copy paste of issues from the Beta driver page. Will original CadMouse get supported in the future or not. If not why not, it's just a mouse. How hard is this.
robf

Post by robf »

So Big Sur is out. Released and rolling out to all compatible Macs.
The Mac I have that has Fusion got updated and my Spacemouse Wireless does not work with the old or Beta version.

It took me a few reboots before I could get the control panel so show an entry to allow the "spacemouse to control the system".

It still does not work. Maybe I am searching wrong but there is next to no information on debugging this.

The FAQ says next to nothing but "Don't use this in production". Considering if I buy a new Mac for production and it will have Big Sur installed on it what am I meant to do?

I love my Spacemouse but I am very disappointed with 3dconnexion's MacOs support with this. The system has been saying for at least a year that the driver won't work soon. I'm guessing they don't have anyone who works on Apple products.

I really wish there was some competition to the spacemouse
Kiera Rae

Post by Kiera Rae »

I am trying to get my mouse connected with firestorm a 3party application for second life. But with Big Sur, my mouse doesn't talk with firestorm anymore. This was always a very good combo. But no luck. Any one has an idea what to do?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi robf,
robf wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:01 pm The system has been saying for at least a year that the driver won't work soon. I'm guessing they don't have anyone who works on Apple products.
We're here, alright. Our Engineering team has dedicated resources for the Mac.

We take notice of what is reported here and through our support channels. We have been working on a solution to the kernel extension (kext) deprecation since it was announced at WWDC 2019.

After nearly two years, we are still not there yet but we remain committed to provide the software. As you will have noticed, not all CadMouse devices will be supported but we expect SpaceMouse types to working well once we have stabilised the driver (we have reports SpaceMouse not working with SketchUp and Cinema 4D).
Nuno Gomes
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Some of you are trying to reach us over private messages. Please keep the discussion in the open as engineers cannot handle each individual case. If you wish to have a personalised service, you can always open a support request with our Technical Support team.

The information on "known issues" can be found in the FAQ linked above (and here). You will also find a quick link to open a support request.
XYZZX

Post by XYZZX »

ngomes wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:02 am After nearly two years, we are still not there yet but we remain committed to provide the software. As you will have noticed, not all CadMouse devices will be supported but we expect SpaceMouse types to working well once we have stabilised the driver
Very much looking forward to this. Thanks for the update.
[admin] Your user name is now "XYZZX".