MacOS 11.00 (Big Sur)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

marcarch

Re: MacOS 11.00 (Big Sur)

Post by marcarch »

I found another bug:
I was trying to create a profile for Safari. Trying to map an RM Tools virtual button with a Type Keystroke action causes the 3Dconnexion System Preference panel to crash.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

One more bug found, probably this is old and already tracked too:
While invoking RM Tools, in Win hovering and keep hovering-moving on the virtual command performs it, while in macOS you have to click on the virtual command to perform it.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

Now a feature request: there's no way to customize Smart Scrolling Speed.
lbeale

Post by lbeale »

My issues with the CadMouse have been resolved with the latest Beta.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

3Dconnexion has released firmware v. 1.06 for the original CadMouse (wired), restoring button functionality in macOS 11.

Refer to the FAQ page here and click on the "requires firmware version 1.06 or newer" link.

With this firmware update, support for all CadMouse types is available for macOS 11.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:03 am I found another bug:
I was trying to create a profile for Safari. Trying to map an RM Tools virtual button with a Type Keystroke action causes the 3Dconnexion System Preference panel to crash.
We have issues with button action types "2D Mouse" and "Keystroke". Looking into that.

Edit (Dec 10): this issue is tracked with ref. MAC-267. There's no estimate of when we can address it.
dyvog

Post by dyvog »

Hi, I updated to Big Sur today, My CadMouse Wireless didn't work, I read through some of the posts here, but I guess I'd like a direct response.

Will my Cadmouse Wireless, which I purchased in January 2018 work within the Apple ecosystem anymore?
dyvog

Post by dyvog »

Hi, I downloaded Big Sur today, upon finding my Cadmouse Wireless was non-functional I came here. I've been skimming the posts, but I'd like a direct answer:

Will the Cadmouse Wireless ever work with the Mac ecosystem again?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi dyvog,
dyvog wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:14 pm Hi, I updated to Big Sur today, My CadMouse Wireless didn't work, I read through some of the posts here, but I guess I'd like a direct response.

Will my Cadmouse Wireless, which I purchased in January 2018 work within the Apple ecosystem anymore?
Please refer to this topic. It includes a link to the FAQ concerning device support in new driver as well as the history of the most significant updates.

Your CadMouse Wireless should work well over Bluetooth and cable (wired) connection on macOS 11. The firmware must be updated to version 1.11 or newer as per the FAQ (linked in the previous paragraph).

CadMouse support over Universal Receiver (USB dongle) is not expected to be available in macOS 11. SpaceMouse device over Universal Receiver are not affected. The limitation is with CadMouse types only.
phil8900

Post by phil8900 »

Hey,
I recently upgraded to Big Sur and had some issues connecting my CadMouse Wireless, the pointer moved but I couldn't click. After upgrading to Firmware 1.11, I installed the latest beta driver for Big Sur (v10-7-0_r3278) and was expecting pretty normal behaviour.

The problem is that the mouse wheel button is inoperable which is pretty annoying with Archicard as it is used to move the pane. In addition, none of my macros seem to work any more and I couldn't find a solution in this thread.

Should I submit a bug report or are the issues I am seeing already known? Is there a timeframe for when a stable version can be expected?

Thanks in advance & best regards :)
dyvog

Post by dyvog »

ngomes wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:30 am
Your CadMouse Wireless should work well over Bluetooth and cable (wired) connection on macOS 11. The firmware must be updated to version 1.11 or newer as per the FAQ (linked in the previous paragraph).
Okay, and what solutions are there for me to update the firmware on my mouse if I don't have access to a PC? Isn't It a bit odd to require a PC to update a Mouse to be Mac compatible?
drunknbass

Post by drunknbass »

Is Cinema 4D support still WIP? I have noticed that the driver settings don't seem to do anything. the default settings in C4D are different for zoom/scale and I can't seem to revert them.

Just curious if this has been discussed.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi phil8900,
phil8900 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:00 pm The problem is that the mouse wheel button is inoperable which is pretty annoying with Archicard as it is used to move the pane. In addition, none of my macros seem to work any more and I couldn't find a solution in this thread.
The mouse wheel not working is unexpected. I cannot immediately recall a report of an issue with the mouse wheel.

The issue with your macros may be an known problem: as of beta 9, the modifier keys (Shift, Control, Option, Cmd) do not work with keystroke actions. We working to resolve this in "beta 10" (a related issue affecting modifiers with 2D mouse is still pending).
Is there a timeframe for when a stable version can be expected?
A stable version will be made available once we begin to see most of our customers able to work productively in macOS 11 using the beta driver. The stable version is expected in January of next year but, again, this depends on the feedback we're getting from such customers as yourself.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi dyvog,
dyvog wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:00 pm Okay, and what solutions are there for me to update the firmware on my mouse if I don't have access to a PC? Isn't It a bit odd to require a PC to update a Mouse to be Mac compatible?
If you have an issue, however minor, please get in touch with our Technical Support team (contact details here). They will be able to assist in resolving any problems that come up.

We're working on a firmware update tool for Mac but it will take time to complete (weeks, not days). We plan to fold the firmware updates in the driver, ensuing the user is in control.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi drunknbass,
drunknbass wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:33 pm Is Cinema 4D support still WIP? I have noticed that the driver settings don't seem to do anything.
Cinema 4D support was restored in "beta 8", released Nov 27.

Can you give us more precise details of what isn't working?