Latest Driver not working properly

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

jlrobisho

Latest Driver not working properly

Post by jlrobisho »

I have just installed 10.6.6 on my iMac. macOS Catalina Version 10.15.6. I have a Space mouse enterprise. Currently the space mouse doesn't work in any application, not even in the 3Dconnecxion trainer, viewer or puzzle. I am been reading through the forum and have found any clear solution to resolve this issue. Any help would be very appreciated.

Cheers
aalsalihi

Re: Latest Driver not working properly

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi jlrobisho,

Thanks for your post. I'm assuming its a kernel extension issue, when you trying to move the knob, do you see the cursor moving on your screen? If you do that means its a kernel extension issue.
When you installed the driver, did you allow the kernel extension under security and privacy? If you didn't then please follow the steps below:
- Open System Preferences
- Click on Security and Privacy
- Click on General tab
- You should see something for 3Dconnexion S.A.M to allow, if you don't see then please unlock the lock below and check under "Apps and Identified developers" to see if the kernel extension is in there. If you find it then please click on Allow then restart the machine and test your device.

If its still an issue then I highly recommend to uninstall the driver then reinstall it by following the steps below:
1. Uninstall the current driver. Go to Finder >> Applications >> 3Dconnexion >> Uninstall.
2. Reboot
3. Install the driver. Make sure to Accept all the prompts.
4. Reboot
5. Click the Apple Icon
6. System Preferences
7. Security and Privacy
8. Under the General tab, click "Allow" for "3Dconnexion S.A.M." This should be below "Allow apps downloaded from:" You can also refer to the link here for images: https://www.3dconnexion.com/nc/service/ ... ojave.html
9. Reboot your Machine
10. test it

Regards,
Abdul. A
JP6SIX

Post by JP6SIX »

worked for me, now, thanks
sp_murphy

Post by sp_murphy »

The link does not appear to be working any longer. Here is the link from the UK site: https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support/faq/ ... 14-mojave/