Firestorm, Mac Big Sur 3d wireless mouse not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Kiera Rae

Firestorm, Mac Big Sur 3d wireless mouse not working

Post by Kiera Rae »

Dear ppl on this form,

I just installed Mac Big Sur today, and I downloaded the latest beta driver for my 3d wireless mouse, and it doesn't work with firestorm anymore. It used to work perfect. I have been using this setting since 2008 and I am on my third mouse. Now I can't move my avie anymore, I can't use Flycam. I hope that it is a driver problem and that it can be fixed. The software has firestorm in its list, so it should work. I am aware that it doesn't work on the second life viewer, that is not the one I am using. I use a 3dparty viewer Firestorm!
Anyone that is technical and have the same issues can help me out?

With love,
Kiera
Andrius_Cawa

Re: Firestorm, Mac Big Sur 3d wireless mouse not working

Post by Andrius_Cawa »

Hello, I have the same issue as Keira. Nothing works. When I move my 3d mouse I have a black outs on my screen then it gets back on in 2sec. Ussually I am using mouse with Sketchup Pro.

Please advise.
Andy
Kiera Rae

Post by Kiera Rae »

I find it weird that such an expensive mouse is not working properly anymore. I build stuff in second life and not having this mouse is a pain in the ****. I hope they solve it.
luping

Post by luping »

Kiera Rae wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:10 am I find it weird that such an expensive mouse is not working properly anymore. I build stuff in second life and not having this mouse is a pain in the ****. I hope they solve it.
Simple solution: downgrade your Mac OS back to Catalina.
luping

Post by luping »

Andrius_Cawa wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:16 am Hello, I have the same issue as Keira. Nothing works. When I move my 3d mouse I have a black outs on my screen then it gets back on in 2sec. Ussually I am using mouse with Sketchup Pro.

Please advise.
Andy
Is there some work you must get it done on Mac OS Big Sure rather than on Catalina? If not, downgrade back to Catalina for the time being now. Wait for possible driver update before Christmas Eve before the OS update to Big Sur is mature.
Kiera Rae

Post by Kiera Rae »

I am looking into going back to Catalina but that is not an easy thing, just for using a mouse.
luping

Post by luping »

Kiera Rae wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:48 am I am looking into going back to Catalina but that is not an easy thing, just for using a mouse.
Well, easy doesn't enter into grown-up life, the harder thing to do is usually the easy thing, and nothing that has meaning is easy. So just do it.
Kiera Rae

Post by Kiera Rae »

Sorry but that is a comment that is to far out for me. You have no idea about what I do with my computer. **********

Moderator edit (Nov 27, 2020): removed foul language (see BOARD RULES under "Be respectful").
luping

Post by luping »

Don't be so vile, no one is an island, I just provide you a way out of your bind with 3Dconnexion device on Mac OS Big Sur. Technical solution is already provided, you just lack the resolution or courage to make a step further, if this device means a lot for your work or business.
Bryant

Post by Bryant »

Post here if you get it resolved. I have been putting off upgrading to Big Sur because I use a Space Navigator in Firestorm, and heard it was not working.
Did you use the beta driver at the link below?
https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support/faq/ ... 1-big-sur/
Kiera Rae

Post by Kiera Rae »

Bryant wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:36 pm Post here if you get it resolved. I have been putting off upgrading to Big Sur because I use a Space Navigator in Firestorm, and heard it was not working.
Did you use the beta driver at the link below?
https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support/faq/ ... 1-big-sur/
Yes I did use the beta driver but I do not get it to work. Nobody seems to know why it is not working. I also posted it on the SL forum but so far nothing. And it is not really possible to downgrade back to Catalina. What you can do, because you have not yet downloaded Big Sur, is to make a partition on your hard disk and download Big Sur on that, so that you can keep working with Catalina. If I would have know such a trick existed, I would have done that. I tried to make Jira on Firestorm but I couldn't get an account.