macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

KlausEngel

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by KlausEngel »

ngomes wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:15 am
KlausEngel wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:52 am 1. Keystroke Mappings "Press and Hold" do not work
We are aware of limitation with the current key emulation feature, particularly what concerns modifiers keys (Shift, Control, Config, Cmd).

If you just state "do not work", we can't tell if the issue you're are looking at is a known problem or otherwise. If you can, please give us a few more details of what you are trying to do.
2. LEDs are off after computer sleep.
The LEDs should turn off when the computer goes to sleep and continue to stay off until the user touches the sensor cap after returning the machine from sleep. There are differences in the operation of LEDs depending on the device being connected wirelessly or by a USB cable.
I am using the mappings "Keystroke Command+Up" and "Keystroke Command+Down" with mode "Press and Hold", which do not work for me.

The SpaceNavigator is connected via USB and the LEDs do not come up after touching the sensor cap after sleep. I have to uncheck and check the "Enable LEDs" checkbox under "Tools" to get the LEDs back.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

KlausEngel wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:17 am I am using the mappings "Keystroke Command+Up" and "Keystroke Command+Down" with mode "Press and Hold", which do not work for me.
This is a known issue: the "Press and Hold" feature is not operational with the current key emulation feature implementation. As mentioned earlier in this thread, we will need to move to a DriverKit extension to address this problem.
The SpaceNavigator is connected via USB and the LEDs do not come up after touching the sensor cap after sleep. I have to uncheck and check the "Enable LEDs" checkbox under "Tools" to get the LEDs back.
Thank you for the details. I've sent an internal request to confirm this scenario.
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

ngomes wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:11 am
rjtiedeman wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:45 pm Strangely the device shows in main control window but not in paring.
This is indeed strange but perhaps not entirely unexpected considered that the "3DconnexionHelper" has issues running in your system.

Can you please check if your SpaceMouse is connected using a cable?
Does not work with your trainer past step 4 and Vectorworks works for a time if you turn on OpenGL viewing NOT wireframe viewing.
We can't reproduce the issue in step 4. We don't know why you're seeing this. It looks as if "rotations" were disabled in the configuration for the trainer application.

For VectorWorks, we did detect an issue in the earlier betas that was resolved. Since then, we have been unable to reproduce what you reported but we are continuing the investigation since we cannot rule out the earlier fix may have been only partial.
So sorry to be a bother. But When I attempt to PAIR my 3Dspacemouse in the paring window I get the following. "Paring Failed" - It is taking to long to detect your device. So I suspect as you say it is NOT paired. It only looks paired in the main window.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

rjtiedeman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:08 pm When I attempt to PAIR my 3Dspacemouse in the paring window I get the following. "Paring Failed" - It is taking to long to detect your device. So I suspect as you say it is NOT paired. It only looks paired in the main window.
Try connecting the receiver dongle in a different port, near to the device. There may be radio noise around where the dongle is connected now.

Otherwise, there may be a hardware problem with your receiver. If moving the dongle closer to the device does not help, please have a word with our technical support team.
Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

just bought 3dconnexion enterprise mouse and i am kinda dissapointed....

my setup - macbook air m1 11.1 (20C69)
software - Fusion360
hardware: 3dconnexion enterprise

1) is there any options to have different shortcut buttons on different Fusion360 workspaces?
2) can i download good fusion 360 profile somewhere? as a starting point for my customizations?
3) i cant figure how to use all custom buttoms without tracking applications(tabs)(context) it looks absolutely useless i paid so much and all i can use is only 3d mouse and some camera shortcuts...

is it problem with beta driver? i saw video where windows drivers tracks fusion360 workspace (sketch, modeling etc....) with nice icons on screen

pretty bad experience for now, hope it can be fixed somehow.

thanks
Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

so after reading last 5 pages of this topic i understand that i am happy one...
joystick works, some buttons work... and all that on my new macbook air m1 with big sur...

but i ve better spend 50$ for used spacemouse... and use my keyboard as before...

400+$ was spent for enterprise version.... a waste of $ 350 ... ... will try to sell it(

but thanks for the fact that at least something works.

ps. why not to just make code opensource? bad experience for product that costs so much.
bollella@icloud.com

Post by bollella@icloud.com »

I just installed Version 10.7.0 r3295 – Beta 14. I am new to 3DConnexion products. Fairly experience Maya user. I experience a Maya crash pretty frequently when moving the camera with Space Mouse Enterprise. I have read parts of this thread and know this has been a problem. Any fixes coming soon? If not, when can I expect a stable version that works well with Maya?

Thanks,
Greg
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

ngomes wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:43 pm
rjtiedeman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:08 pm When I attempt to PAIR my 3Dspacemouse in the paring window I get the following. "Paring Failed" - It is taking to long to detect your device. So I suspect as you say it is NOT paired. It only looks paired in the main window.
Try connecting the receiver dongle in a different port, near to the device. There may be radio noise around where the dongle is connected now.

Otherwise, there may be a hardware problem with your receiver. If moving the dongle closer to the device does not help, please have a word with our technical support team.
USB connections? I have an ImacPro with 4 on the back so other than swap sockets the dongle is not getting closer.

After shutting down overnight and restarting this morning my 3Dspacemouse is showing up as paired and when I added trainer to the list of applications it is now working. I did not pair it it did it itself. Almost good.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

bollella@icloud.com wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:08 am Any fixes coming soon? If not, when can I expect a stable version that works well with Maya?
Do you have a reproducible scenario? In other words, do you know what are the steps we need to take to reproduce the crash?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

rjtiedeman wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:34 pm After shutting down overnight and restarting this morning my 3Dspacemouse is showing up as paired and when I added trainer to the list of applications it is now working. I did not pair it it did it itself. Almost good.
Well, on the one hand, good that is mostly working for you. On the other, we don't like these inconsistencies.

Restarting only and then have the device listed on the pairing panel when it wasn't before (but it still worked) is not something we can reproduce. There's something going on that we can't see.

Adding Trainer to the application list suggest you had rotation disabled for all "other" applications. That may explain why it wasn't working after the panning steps. Again, this is something we looked at carefully and we cannot reproduce.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

KlausEngel wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:17 am The SpaceNavigator is connected via USB and the LEDs do not come up after touching the sensor cap after sleep. I have to uncheck and check the "Enable LEDs" checkbox under "Tools" to get the LEDs back.
Can you please tell us what is the firmware version of your SpaceNavigator? You will find this information in the "About" tab in the "3Dconnexion" pane of the System Preferences.
KlausEngel

Post by KlausEngel »

ngomes wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:57 am
KlausEngel wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:17 am The SpaceNavigator is connected via USB and the LEDs do not come up after touching the sensor cap after sleep. I have to uncheck and check the "Enable LEDs" checkbox under "Tools" to get the LEDs back.
Can you please tell us what is the firmware version of your SpaceNavigator? You will find this information in the "About" tab in the "3Dconnexion" pane of the System Preferences.
Firmware is 4.04
bollella@icloud.com

Post by bollella@icloud.com »

ngomes wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:11 am
bollella@icloud.com wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:08 am Any fixes coming soon? If not, when can I expect a stable version that works well with Maya?
Do you have a reproducible scenario? In other words, do you know what are the steps we need to take to reproduce the crash?
Thanks for your prompt response.
Unfortunately, not really. The crashes happen simply when I am moving the view around an object with the 3d control head. The crashes are pretty random. Sometimes Maya catches the crash and does it's emergency save and pops up the box to report the crash. Other times Maya simply goes away and only MacOs catches the crash and allows me to report a bug to Apple. In all fairness, Maya does crash at times but with the Space Mouse Enterprise I need to be doing no action in Maya other than moving the view. I also purchased a CadMouse Pro Wireless and am using that but it's use doesn't seem to crash Maya.

I will try to determine if specific actions with the control head can initiate a crash.

Greg
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

KlausEngel wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:21 am Firmware is 4.04
Do you have access to a Windows machine? If so, you can try running the firmware update tool that we're currently distributing for the CadMouse and CadMouse Wireless (see here). The SpaceNavigator will be updated to the latest firmware version: 4.36.

The issue that you reported does not appear to be specific to the new driver and macOS 11.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

bollella@icloud.com wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:44 am I also purchased a CadMouse Pro Wireless and am using that but it's use doesn't seem to crash Maya.
The crashes are likely related to camera manipulation which the CadMouse only does when activates one of the "view" commands (from the Radial Menu) or buttons, like "Front", "Left", "Fit" and others.