macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

AbradolfLinkler

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by AbradolfLinkler »

why was my previous post erased from this forum?

I had a simple question:

- what to do to make the space navigator work in maya in the Big Sur system? right now whenever I plug in the spacenavigator USB it crashes Maya. when I unplug it the maya 2020.3 starts working normally...
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

peteryip wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:27 pm I have updated the driver as well as the firmware as suggested, now my mouse has lost all of its function.

None of the light would lit up (apart from the green light at the back when plug in with a cable) and it doesnt have any movement nor any of the button works. It simply wouldnt response at all.

Please advise.
Restart on Windows, or anyway attach the UR and the Space Mouse via USB to a Windows machine. Re-update the firmware (both UR and Space Mouse). Leave the USB cable attached during all the process.
Restart your machine and try the devices on Windows (with 3Dconnexion Win drivers installed), they should work. They should work on macOS Big Sur too with the beta driver installed.
spido

Post by spido »

I am only able to get the SpaceMouse Wireless to work when it is connected via USB cable. It does not recognize applications as a wireless device (USB cable detached). Is this the expected behavior with the beta version of the driver?
Ant0ns

Post by Ant0ns »

Hi, Please could anybody guide me how to fix or get a workaround about the issue that we're having for a while now.
Have been asking 3d support team many times, and still can't get useful answer.

So question is simple:

How to fix modifier buttons to work on SpaceMouse Pro Wireless ? (Shift, Alt, Option... )

iv'e done fallowing

-updated firmware using windows pc (receiver,SMPW, and CadMousePro Wireless)
-downloaded/installed latest driver ...r3288
-Restarted Pc (mac)
-tried to create Macros (like Shift+button) still not working

also i have a space mouse wireless. same issue, cant align ModKeys Shift..... to any of the buttons.

to get an answer from support team trough website it takes up to 2 weeks on every question.

so yeah getting nowhere.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Any new builds? Or Updates.? Or is everyone gone for vacation?

Any progress on modifier keys on MacOS?
Ant0ns

Post by Ant0ns »

cjadams wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:55 am Any new builds? Or Updates.? Or is everyone gone for vacation?

Wrote to every single source i know - no answer. Seems everyone is on lockdown.

Or just fed up :D
davantbar

Post by davantbar »

cjadams wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:55 am Any new builds? Or Updates.? Or is everyone gone for vacation?

Seconded!

The most recent post from the moderator on these issues was dated late November wherein they lay the blame at Apple’s feet. :roll:
scrump

Post by scrump »

Any updates on drivers? I've updated my CadMouse Wireless to 1.11 via a Windows machine, but no longer have any working buttons. The mouse appears, I can move it around the screen, but no buttons.

Also my SpaceMouse Wireless just acts as though it's not configured or working properly. If I go to use it it causes the screensaver to come on now.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards, Stuart
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi AbradolfLinkler,
AbradolfLinkler wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:11 am why was my previous post erased from this forum?
I cannot find a deleted post. The preceding post (created by a different user) is here.
- what to do to make the space navigator work in maya in the Big Sur system? right now whenever I plug in the spacenavigator USB it crashes Maya. when I unplug it the maya 2020.3 starts working normally...
Can you share your system details?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi spido,
spido wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:54 pm I am only able to get the SpaceMouse Wireless to work when it is connected via USB cable. It does not recognize applications as a wireless device (USB cable detached). Is this the expected behavior with the beta version of the driver?
No, it is not. Your SpaceMouse Wireless is expected to work well with the beta driver, regardless if connected over a dongle or by a cable.

Please try to pair your device to the dongle.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Ant0ns,
Ant0ns wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:14 am Hi, Please could anybody guide me how to fix or get a workaround about the issue that we're having for a while now.
Have been asking 3d support team many times, and still can't get useful answer.

So question is simple:

How to fix modifier buttons to work on SpaceMouse Pro Wireless ? (Shift, Alt, Option... )

iv'e done fallowing
Can you give a more details example of what you are trying to do? Are you creating a macro or keystroke action? Is assigned to a CadMouse or SpaceMouse button.

There's a known issue with modifiers not working if the the action is a assigned to a CadMouse button (MAC-242). If you give us a clearer picture of what you're looking at, we should be able to determine if there's a workaround.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:55 am Any progress on modifier keys on MacOS?
We should have working modifiers on mouse events in the next release ("beta 12"), expected to be released by Jan 15.

We still expect a degraded experience compared to macOS 10.15 and older. It's unlikely we can improve the experience until we can replace the "kernel extension" (no longer available in macOS 11 and newer).
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi scrump,
scrump wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:43 am I've updated my CadMouse Wireless to 1.11 via a Windows machine, but no longer have any working buttons. The mouse appears, I can move it around the screen, but no buttons.
Looks like the firmware update was unsuccessful. The CadMouse Wireless are expected to work well in macOS 11 after upgrading to firmware v. 1.11.

I recommend getting in touch with my technical support colleagues (contact details here).
AbradolfLinkler

hello @ngomes

thank You for your reply.
please find my system details and detailed problem description below:

I have a SpaceNavigator USB version running on Big Sur 11.0.1 with the latest 3DConnexion Driver 3dxMacCore version 1.2.0 (91) 3DxWare version 10.7.0 (3288).

I am trying to use it in Maya 2020.3

It only works for a minute or two - then Maya crashes abruptly - literally each time I use it.

Sometimes before maya crashes all the operations and camera movement in the Maya Viewport lag so much that it makes the whole software unusable.

This is strictly related to SpaceNavigator - when I unplug it from USB, Maya works flawlessly.

SIP deactivated and I think all permissions are ON for SpaceNavigator in the System Preferences.

Are there any solutions to this?

Kind Regards

ngomes wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:11 am Hi AbradolfLinkler,
AbradolfLinkler wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:11 am why was my previous post erased from this forum?
I cannot find a deleted post. The preceding post (created by a different user) is here.
AbradolfLinkler

hello @ngomes

thank You for your reply.
please find my system details and detailed problem description below:

I have a SpaceNavigator USB version running on Big Sur 11.0.1 with the latest 3DConnexion Driver 3dxMacCore version 1.2.0 (91) 3DxWare version 10.7.0 (3288).

I am trying to use it in Maya 2020.3

It only works for a minute or two - then Maya crashes abruptly - literally each time I use it.

Sometimes before maya crashes all the operations and camera movement in the Maya Viewport lag so much that it makes the whole software unusable.

This is strictly related to SpaceNavigator - when I unplug it from USB, Maya works flawlessly.

SIP deactivated and I think all permissions are ON for SpaceNavigator in the System Preferences.

Are there any solutions to this?

Kind Regards

ngomes wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:11 am Hi AbradolfLinkler,