macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

UtaSH

macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Post by UtaSH »

Hi everybody,

A pre-release version of our driver with support for macOS 11 ("Big Sur") and 12 ("Monterey") is available.

The driver includes native software for both Intel and ARM64 (Apple M1) as "universal binaries".

Driver download and additional details available from the FAQ page linked here.

Please let us know how this version is working on your Big Sur or Monterey installation and if there are any problems. Any feedback is very much appreciated.

History:
  • Dec 21, 2021: fix "Disable LEDs" setting for "SpaceMouse Compact" and "SpaceMouse Wireless" (cable connection) in "release candidate 3" (RC3, revision r3411).
  • Dec 13, 2021: fix single Archicad instance issue (MAC-320), fix unresponsive 3D mouse (MAC-323), added CadMouse configuration for zBursh in "release candidate 1" (RC1, revision r3408).
  • Oct 19, 2021: Improve mouse emulation, fix unavailable key emulation in non-English input sources (MAC-315) in "beta 20" (revision r3386).
  • Jul 19, 2021: Improve keyboard emulation feature, fix memory leak (MAC-297) in "beta 19" (revision r3356).
  • May 11, 2021: Include add-ins for Maya v. 2022 and Photoshop desktop v. 22.3 for ARM64, send data to application if device connected after application launch (fixes MAC-294) in "beta 16" (revision r3333).
  • Mar 23, 2021: Stability improvements to key emulation (fixes MAC-267 and MAC-290), native ARM64 binaries (M1 chip) in "beta 15" (revision r3318).
  • Feb 8, 2021: Fix button unavailable in Blender (MAC-277), Maya stability improvements, installer for Photoshop desktop v22 in "beta 14" (revision r3295).
  • Jan 21, 2021: Fix wireless SpaceMouse over dongle (MAC-269), modifiers keys in mouse buttons actions, Maya stability improvements in "beta 12" (revision r3291).
  • Dec 16, 2020: Chief Architect support, improve "Keystroke" modifier keys (Shift, Control, Option, Cmd) in "beta 11" (revision r3288).
  • Dec 9, 2020: Firmware 1.06 for the original CadMouse (wired) published, restoring button use in macOS 11. See FAQ page linked above.
  • Dec 4, 2020: Improve button handling of CadMouse types in "beta 9" (revision r3278).
  • Nov 27, 2020: Cinema 4D support (MAC-241) restored in "beta 8" (revision r3277).
  • Nov 26, 2020: Firmware 1.11 for the CadMouse Wireless made available, restoring button use in macOS 11. See FAQ page linked above.
  • Nov 23, 2020: SketchUp support restored in "beta 7" (revision r3274).
  • Nov 12, 2020: First beta build available for public download: "beta 5" (revision r3261).

KlaudioPer

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by KlaudioPer »

Hi everybody,

I have the SpaceMouse Enterprise, unfortunately after installing the new MacOs BigSur I have the following problems - Fusion 360 environment:

- Display doesn't show the Icons (This is an old problem never addressed !!)
- Lock rotation button NOT working. This is one of the most used function, especially in sketch mode....
- Buttons 1 to 12 doesn't correspond to the macro assigned and I can't figure out the way to have it correctly !
- Custom View buttons disabled

If I downgrade to the driver 10.6.6, the space mouse WILL NOT WORK AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!

This is just not right!!
ziomal155

Post by ziomal155 »

Hi everyone,

I also have enterprise.
The rotation lock button works for me, but only when you hold it there is no bistable option.
Icon is also missing from me.
Macros work only need to be tweaked. In the settings change in each macro from "Keystroke" to "TypeText"

Unfortunately, I have a bigger problem. I have the CadMouse cable version and the buttons on Big Sur don't work. The cursor and circle work,but buttons do not work.

best regards
BigDaddyD

Post by BigDaddyD »

When can we expect the CadMouse Wireless to work as well?
mister180365

Post by mister180365 »

Hi everyone,
I use the Space Mouse cable version for Sketchup Pro. Just wonder if it´s just a temporary issue this combination does not work with the Beta driver.
Is there a plan for the next release and what would be the timing?

Thx
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi mister180365,
mister180365 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:57 am I use the Space Mouse cable version for Sketchup Pro. Just wonder if it´s just a temporary issue this combination does not work with the Beta driver.
Is there a plan for the next release and what would be the timing?
We believe the issue with SketchUp is fixed in "beta 6". This beta is expect within a week or so.
toxlab

Post by toxlab »

I am using a wired space navigator with UCSF Chimera (molecular visualization) and it has worked well up to Big Sur. I tried the beta driver listed here in the forum and when I start up the app and try to rotate the molecular image it starts and then freezes after moving the image a few millimeters. it will do this consistently. If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it, or do I need to wait for an official release in hopes that fixes the problem?
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

UtaSH wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:12 am
  • SketchUp and Cinema 4D are not working with the SpaceMouse.
Only Sketchup and C4D ?

I think for me any rotation with Space Navigator or Enterprise
does not work at all.
AFAIK I tried Modo, Vectorworks, Bricscad, ....
borisffm

Post by borisffm »

Hello,
I use Wireless SpaceMouse and SketchUp. Beta driver is installed. Unfortunately, the SpaceMaus is only recognized as a normal mouse in WirelessMode and in Cable-Mode it works incompletely. Sketchup doesn't even recognize them. When do you plan to fix that?

Thanks
ozchap

Post by ozchap »

Beta driver does not work with secondlife on either Catalina or Big Sur. It operates with the trainer app, is visible to secondlife, bit mo movement to. motion or. button activation.
vlxjim

Post by vlxjim »

I can confirm that the Space Mouse Enterprise with Fusion 360 has once again lost its display that was fixed in the last driver update. The lock button no longer works. Please try to focus some attention on this as the last time we had the confirm problem of the display not working it took months to iron out. Unacceptable on a product that is used by professionals.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi vlxjim,
vlxjim wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:06 pm The lock button no longer works.
We believe to have fixed the bug with the lock button. The next driver build ("beta 6") will include the fix and we need only to have it confirmed by our customers using the beta driver to close it.
vlxjim

Post by vlxjim »

ngomes wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:45 am Hi vlxjim,
vlxjim wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:06 pm The lock button no longer works.
We believe to have fixed the bug with the lock button. The next driver build ("beta 6") will include the fix and we need only to have it confirmed by our customers using the beta driver to close it.
Currently using the Enterprise with Fusion 360 as said by one of the other posters will work only if you are holding the button down. Also the blue LED on the lock button always stays on. I'm sure it's part of the problem toggling the switch. When do you expect the next Beta 6 to be available? I will test it as soon as you make it available.
jsharpe

Post by jsharpe »

Although the new beta driver seems to work for me on Big Sur with the 3dconnexion Home applications, I can't get it to behave like it used to on Catalina for Google Earth Pro.
PFWS

Post by PFWS »

No luck for me; 3dconnexion preference pane in system preferences is blank, cad mouse connected via bluetooth, scroll and cursor work but not clicks, no connection for spacemouse