macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by ngomes »

Hi tomastv,
tomastv wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:45 am
vlxjim wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:19 pm When you try to access the preferences it comes up with a blank window now.
3DxWareMac_v10-7-0_r3277.dmg
macOS 11.0.1 (20B29)
Same issue here.
Could you please share your system details?
KlaudioPer

Post by KlaudioPer »

ngomes wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:14 am
KlaudioPer wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:24 am I installed the beta 8 (r3277) on my SME and the buttons from 1 to 12 are still NOT working, each of them doesn't respond to the commands associated on the display. Testing it on Fusion 360
Any thoughts ?
Can you tell me what is assigned to a button that does not work?
here is a screenshot of my settings, besides the Virtual NumPad which is assigned by default to B#1, NONE of them are working, but they just open "Material Appearance" in Fusion 360
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 9.50.07 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 9.50.07 AM.jpg (176 KiB) Viewed 223939 times
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

KlaudioPer wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:55 am [here is a screenshot of my settings, besides the Virtual NumPad which is assigned by default to B#1, NONE of them are working, but they just open "Material Appearance" in Fusion 360
Thanks for the screenshot, KlaudioPer. Apparently, the buttons are working but the assigned actions are failing to execute as expected. This may indicate an incorrect default configuration for Fusion 360 and not a driver issue with the low-level code handling the buttons of your device.
KlaudioPer

Post by KlaudioPer »

ngomes wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:14 am
KlaudioPer wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:55 am [here is a screenshot of my settings, besides the Virtual NumPad which is assigned by default to B#1, NONE of them are working, but they just open "Material Appearance" in Fusion 360
Thanks for the screenshot, KlaudioPer. Apparently, the buttons are working but the assigned actions are failing to execute as expected. This may indicate an incorrect default configuration for Fusion 360 and not a driver issue with the low-level code handling the buttons of your device.
Hello ngomes,
what does " low-level code handling the buttons of your device" mean? How can be an incorrect default configuration for Fusion 360? This is the standard configuration that comes with the SME, the only one assigned by me is the #10 Project Include.
Also I just noticed that "Shift" and "CTRL" buttons are not working as well.

What should I do ?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

KlaudioPer wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:28 am What should I do ?
Other than having to wait until we correct the default configuration for Fusion 360, there isn't much you can do. What you can consider is assign a keyboard shortcut to the SME buttons to activate the application commands you require. The buttons "1" through "12" can be reassigned.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

3Dconnexon released "beta 9" (revision r3278) of the new driver for macOS. As before, the "beta" build can be downloaded from the FAQ page linked here.

We have fixed several issues affecting buttons of CadMouse types. Support for SpaceMouse types is mostly unchanged.
timpritlove

Post by timpritlove »

With r3277 my Compact Space mouse was still not working properly with Google Earth on a M1 Mac mini. It gets detected, but the movement is simply incorrect.

With r3277 the control panel seems to crash when loaded in System Preferences (shows up for a short moment, then blanks)
rancheus

Post by rancheus »

It is pretty disappointing that Big Sur is not working with 3DC devices yet. Just bought the CAD mouse, not having the fantasy to think that not even basic mouse functionality does not work.

Middle Mouse is not working – most of the time.. It has been working periodicallly, but I haven't found what makes it work/not work.
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

Will the 3DxWare update be announced through the System Preferences when complete or is this a going to be a long term BETA process?
BIG SUR is calling from the dark gates below. Push the button-feel the force.

Every time I update I keep expecting my now 2 year old iMac Pro is going live up to the marketing hype and I am left disappointed and disillusioned in the room of deception and despair.

Bob
konrad_a

Post by konrad_a »

I am using CadMouse Wireless Left / BigSur / 3DxWareMac_v10-7-0_r3278 with Bluetooth.
1. I mapped buttons to keystrokes, eg. cmd+c, cmd+v, cmd+w but they don't work. Is it normal with the latest beta (r3278) ?
2. Are there plans to support the USB adapter next to the Bluetooth?
3. Is the pointing precision better with the USB adapter?
konrad_a

Post by konrad_a »

Is there a plan to enable Universal Receiver for Pro Wireless?
I use BigSur with 4k screen and high dpi mouse setting. The polling rate on Bluetooth is 133Hz while on 2,4GHz receiver it could be up to 1000Hz. This makes a difference with high DPI. My Logitech G903 with a receiver is smooth but Pro Wireless over Bluetooth is wobbly...
Will Universal Receiver be enabled for Pro Wireless in future?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

3Dconnexion has released firmware v. 1.06 for the original CadMouse (wired), restoring button functionality in macOS 11.

Refer to the FAQ page here and click on the "requires firmware version 1.06 or newer" link.

With this firmware update, support for all CadMouse types is available for macOS 11.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi konrad_a,
konrad_a wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:29 pm Is there a plan to enable Universal Receiver for Pro Wireless?
Universal Receiver for "SpaceMouse Pro Wireless" should work using the latest beta.

On the contrary, CadMouse support over Universal Receiver is not available on macOS 11 and we cannot address this limitation. We suggest our customers switch to using Bluetooth instead (all wireless CadMouse types will also work over a wired connection which may be handy when switching between wireless modes).
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

timpritlove wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:21 pm With r3277 my Compact Space mouse was still not working properly with Google Earth on a M1 Mac mini. It gets detected, but the movement is simply incorrect.

With r3277 the control panel seems to crash when loaded in System Preferences (shows up for a short moment, then blanks)
The driver is not yet available as a "universal" program and such issues are expected in M1 machines.
konrad_a

Post by konrad_a »

Thank you for your response.

When you say "CadMouse support over Universal Receiver is not available on macOS 11 and we cannot address this limitation" does it mean it will never be supported or that you cannot address it temporarily?