macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:55 am Awesome thats great.... any target timeframe on Beta 10?
Beta 10 is very close. Likely tomorrow (Tuesday).
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Awesome! looking fwd to it... will we get emails? or a link here?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:24 am will we get emails? or a link here?
We announce the beta builds here, yes. The history is available at the top post of the thread and it includes a link to the FAQ where the dmg can be downloaded.
simon.djin

Post by simon.djin »

Hi guys! Just tested my new Spacemouse wireless and compact wireless mouse freshly arrived today on my Macbook intel with BigSur. After reading this whole thread and the corresponding FAQ page for Big Sur beta drivers I knew everything wasn’t gonna work perfectly. But honestly with the last beta installed it is quite decent.

Things I have noticed :

* Macro commands wherever they are assigned directly to a button or executed via the radial menu do not work when they contain keystrokes. I have tested it with keystrokes modifiers like cmd for example, with a « finder » configuration and « cinema4d R23 » configuration also. « « « Text » macro commands work perfectly in Cinema4d for example. The keystrokes with modifiers keys like cmd also work when they are directly assigned to a button or executed via the radial menu BUT not when they are part from a macro action.

* My spacemouse isn’t working neither in Keyshot 9 or 10 in my BigSur configuration. I have seen a testimony from a user on Mac OS Catalina on the Keyshot forum, saying that is spacemouse wasn’t working with Keyshot 9 but was now working with Keyshot 10. But for me in my Keyshot 10, with BigSur it is not working. The 2 buttons configured from my spacemouse wireless can be well launched but the spacemouse itself isn’t moving anything 😭. Beside this, my wireless compact mouse in Keyshot 10 is working perfectly...
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

I just installed Mac OS 11.1. Then the Beta Driver for 3Dconnection spacemouse 10.7 (3278). Paring runs for a while then quits. NO DEVICE FOUND.

Machine info: iMac Pro (2017), 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 and Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB.
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

rjtiedeman wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:31 pm I just installed Mac OS 11.1. Then the Beta Driver for 3Dconnection spacemouse 10.7 (3278). Paring runs for a while then quits. NO DEVICE FOUND.

Machine info: iMac Pro (2017), 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 and Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB.
Correction to above post. Restarted iMac . cleared PRAM. Now spacemouse showed up ie system app but controls in TRAINER do not work. The spacemouse acts like a mouse moving the curser and DOCK. I have had to shut it off.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi simon.djin,
simon.djin wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:49 pm * Macro commands wherever they are assigned directly to a button or executed via the radial menu do not work when they contain keystrokes.
We think this is an known issue (MAC-270) and should be resolved in the next driver update, "beta 10", due today or tomorrow.
* My spacemouse isn’t working neither in Keyshot 9 or 10 in my BigSur configuration. I have seen a testimony from a user on Mac OS Catalina on the Keyshot forum, saying that is spacemouse wasn’t working with Keyshot 9 but was now working with Keyshot 10. But for me in my Keyshot 10, with BigSur it is not working. The 2 buttons configured from my spacemouse wireless can be well launched but the spacemouse itself isn’t moving anything 😭. Beside this, my wireless compact mouse in Keyshot 10 is working perfectly...
Are you on an Intel Mac or M1? I cannot recall a report of an issue KeyShot.
simon.djin

Post by simon.djin »

Hi ngomes,
We think this is an known issue (MAC-270) and should be resolved in the next driver update, "beta 10", due today or tomorrow.

Good news, waiting for it so! Because the only problem is that ok you can override the fact that macros do not work with keystroke types by directly assigning a keystroke type in a radial menu. But the fact that « keystroke cmd+c » for example is written entirely in the radial menu itself and cropped, is not very practical. We cannot always remember what was the keystroke type saved in the radial menu, especially when you start to configure different radial menus for applications. A good workaround maybe for the future updates would be to only show the keys, « cmd+c » in this example, in the radial menu, and not « keystroke cmd+c » so we can read it easily in the menu.
Are you on an Intel Mac or M1? I cannot recall a report of an issue KeyShot.
I’m using a Macbook Pro late 2016 intel i7, Mac Os Big Sur 11.0.1
In the preference panel of Keyshot, the 3dconnexion setting is all greyed... (see screenshot attached). Now that I start loving my spacemouse wireless with C4D, and that I know that the spacemouse was apparently working in keyshot 10 with Mac OS Catalina (not tested by me), it is frustrating to see it is finally not working with my configuration...

Capture-d’écran-2020-12-15-à-09.55.09.jpg
Capture-d’écran-2020-12-15-à-09.55.09.jpg (177.72 KiB) Viewed 104970 times

Other question : is it normal that I don't have any Cinema4d application command available to configure with the buttons for example? The "Application command" option isn't available for C4D to be selected but is available for other programs such as Autodesk Fusion 360, SketchUp, ArchiCad...
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

The "Application command" option isn't available for C4D to be selected but is available for other programs such as Autodesk Fusion 360, SketchUp, ArchiCad...
Yes, this is to be expected. Some applications are configured using generic actions and anything else created by the user (macros, keystrokes, radial menus).
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

rjtiedeman wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:11 pm The spacemouse acts like a mouse moving the curser and DOCK. I have had to shut it off.
This indicates the daemon is not grabbing the device. We have seen similar reports.

For testing purposes, try using the SpaceMouse connected by a cable, reboot and check if the SpaceMouse is operational.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

simon.djin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:23 am In the preference panel of Keyshot, the 3dconnexion setting is all greyed... (see screenshot attached).
While looking this up with my colleagues, the following came up. At this point, we suggest to get in touch with Luxion and confirm the SpaceMouse support status for KeyShot on macOS 11. The issue you're observing may not necessarily be related to the beta driver.

We're in touch with several software vendors and we can also work with Luxion to resolve any issues with SpaceMouse support.
simon.djin

Post by simon.djin »

While looking this up with my colleagues, the following came up. At this point, we suggest to get in touch with Luxion and confirm the SpaceMouse support status for KeyShot on macOS 11. The issue you're observing may not necessarily be related to the beta driver.

We're in touch with several software vendors and we can also work with Luxion to resolve any issues with SpaceMouse support.
Thanks for the answer.

I also have a Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 installation on my external SSD, so I did a test with Keyshot 10 demo on this installation and after installing 3DxWare 10.6.6, the Spacemouse works in Keyshot 10. This is just a test / emergency installation on this external SSD. All the axes are working and the 3Dconnexion settings in the Keyshot preferences panel aren't greyed anymore (see screenshot attached).

Capture-d’écran-2020-12-15-à-13.13.27.jpg
Capture-d’écran-2020-12-15-à-13.13.27.jpg (231.72 KiB) Viewed 104934 times

But this time the 2 buttons aren't working at all, to execute simple 2D clicks, a system action or even launch a radial menu, none of those configurations for the buttons work with the universal receiver or even wired. And the 2 buttons of course work in the other applications.

The 2 buttons were working correctly in Keyshot 10 with BigSur but not the axes and moves as I told you. I would prefer to have my spacemouse axes and moves working in Keyshot 10 and no buttons rather than the contrary. So do you think the problem comes from your side or from Luxion now that we know that something apparently happened with BigSur?
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

ngomes wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:51 am
rjtiedeman wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:11 pm The spacemouse acts like a mouse moving the curser and DOCK. I have had to shut it off.
This indicates the daemon is not grabbing the device. We have seen similar reports.

For testing purposes, try using the SpaceMouse connected by a cable, reboot and check if the SpaceMouse is operational.
I assume you need to remove the wifi dongle. Yes the 3Dconnection system now reports the battery level status. However the 3D Trainer STOPS WORKING after ZOOM. No SPIN, TILT or ROLL controls after that.
3DxWare 10.7.0-3278, Core 1.2.0-83 and Spacemouse firmware is 4.40
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

rjtiedeman wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:48 am However the 3D Trainer STOPS WORKING after ZOOM. No SPIN, TILT or ROLL controls after that.
3DxWare 10.7.0-3278, Core 1.2.0-83 and Spacemouse firmware is 4.40
Is the "Trainer" the only application affected?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

simon.djin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:24 am The 2 buttons were working correctly in Keyshot 10 with BigSur but not the axes and moves as I told you. I would prefer to have my spacemouse axes and moves working in Keyshot 10 and no buttons rather than the contrary. So do you think the problem comes from your side or from Luxion now that we know that something apparently happened with BigSur?
In all likelihood, this is an issue with our driver, not KeyShot, but we can't say for sure one or the other at this present time. There are too many variables.