macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

zoomer

Re: macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Post by zoomer »

^ Thanks @ngomes

So next year there may be some free resources for Mac Features again.
I vote for Icons on Enterprise Displays :mrgreen:
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

bweitzner wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:06 pm I don't have experience with other applications that use the space mouse,
If the issue is specific to PyMOL, I suggest getting in touch with the application vendor and request support. Others have had to make small adjustments to support the new driver.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:51 am we will be winding down the direct participation of Engineering in this Forum with support for the Mac transitioning to the capable hands of our Technical Support team.
What about MAC-324 and the firmware update?
andrea_b

Post by andrea_b »

Same problem as many. I have installed Monterey, M1, MacBook Pro.
CadMouse Wireles.
Beta drivers.
Bluetooth connection.

Cursor moves, roll works.

"Click" does not work.
shai

Post by shai »

I just purchased the space mouse for the first time from here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079V367MM?ps ... ct_details

Everything seems to work fine except the fact that the wireless is not working. I have to use the cable. I have macOS Big Sur (latest version). How can I go about fixing the wireless?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:26 pm What about MAC-324 and the firmware update?
It's ongoing but it has been determined to be an issue unrelated to the driver and specific to macOS 12.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

andrea_b wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:22 pm "Click" does not work.
Do you have the latest firmware? Please refer to the very first post on this topic.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

shai wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:25 pm How can I go about fixing the wireless?
Check if pairing the device works. If that works but you still can't get the device to operate, then contact our Technical Support team (details here) since there may be something wrong with your device.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:09 am
marcarch wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:26 pm What about MAC-324 and the firmware update?
It's ongoing but it has been determined to be an issue unrelated to the driver and specific to macOS 12.
Yes, you previously said that a firmware update is required.
Hope to have it soon: it's a very annoying issue especially in AutoCAD where 3rd button click-and-hold performs "pan" action.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:56 am Yes, you previously said that a firmware update is required.
Firmware is the software running in the actual hardware device.

To address MAC-324 (an issue introduced in macOS 12), we need to change the firmware, not the driver.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:25 amFirmware is the software running in the actual hardware device.

To address MAC-324 (an issue introduced in macOS 12), we need to change the firmware, not the driver.
Ok, do you have a roadmap about when is this going to happen?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:46 am Ok, do you have a roadmap about when is this going to happen?
I do not.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

Wait, I have not tested, is MAC-324 an issue that happens without 3Dx driver installed too? (I suspect so)

Because CAD Mouse should work as standard mouse first, with two 3rd buttons (wheel button and 3rd button), then 3Dx driver should enable all the cool and personalized stuff we use.

That said the Wireless CAD Mouse firmware update/change should be a priority.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:25 am I have not tested, is MAC-324 an issue that happens without 3Dx driver installed too? (I suspect so)
When there is no driver, then the advanced mapping features aren't available and the issue isn't reproducible. Basically, the underlying problem is the system interpreting non-mouse button actions as if they were. If all what the device is doing is acting like a standard mouse, then you will not see anything amiss.

Examples of "advanced mapping features" are assigning a modifier key to a mouse action. Say, for example holding down Shift with the middle-mouse pressed down. A regular mouse can't do this.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:32 am Basically, the underlying problem is the system interpreting non-mouse button actions as if they were. If all what the device is doing is acting like a standard mouse, then you will not see anything amiss.

Examples of "advanced mapping features" are assigning a modifier key to a mouse action. Say, for example holding down Shift with the middle-mouse pressed down. A regular mouse can't do this.
But I see the issue with standard mouse action:
- Microsoft Edge not closing tabs (middle 3rd button click);
- AutoCAD lagging/jerky behavior after using pan (middle 3rd button click-and-hold). This happens randomly.

There’s no advanced mapping feature associated to them