macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ericd1949

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by ericd1949 »

Again, thanks for your time, attention and explanation of Win10 vs Mac Blender button behaviour. It's been fun, Cheers!
tiieto

Post by tiieto »

ngomes wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:32 am
tiieto wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:54 am BTW: when i unplug the SpaceMouse Enterprise and plug it back, the Blue RING LED at the knob works fine, until i press the Rotation Lock button...
After press this button, the Ring LED turns off and never come back (until i unplug the mouse and plug it back in..)
Are you reporting a separate issue in addition to all the others?

What exactly do you mean by "never come back"? Does the device stop working as expected or are you referring only to the LEDs staying in the off state?

If the device is disabled, try connecting it to another USB port but ensure it is a port on the machine. USB hubs are notoriously flaky.
I think its not a separate issue.. Just a symptom... What do you think? (MAC-308 maybe?)

"Never come back" refers only the Ring LED at the knob.. The Device is still working... When i unplug & plug back again the Ring LED is back too... Until i press the "Rotation-Lock" button..

I only can use a USB Hub... Because my Mac(s) only have these USB-C Ports... So i have to use a USB-C to USB-A adapter or Hub to connect the SpaceMouse to my Mac(s)..
ChristianH54

Post by ChristianH54 »

How is it possible that almost a year after Big Sur is rolled out there is stil no driver available other than a beta that does not work properly for me.
idzyn2

Post by idzyn2 »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. macOS Monterey is coming out soon but we are still waiting for 3dconnexion to publish a fully operational public release of the 3DxWare 10.7 driver for macOS Big Sur. It's obvious their priority is not with Mac users.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

I can't get a Keystroke shortcut to work: command+shift+\ (show all tabs) on any application.
It worked before reformatting my Mac, and, of course, reinstalled everything. Other keystroke shortcuts work.

Any clues?
garybart

Post by garybart »

I am not sure what is going on, but I can no longer pair my CadMouse Compact wireless via Bluetooth. I am on MacBook Pro (Apple A5), Big Sur (latest beta driver). It was working fine. Plugged it in to charge and when done, it would not connect. Deleted the device from BT prefs, but, wheneverI try to add (pair) nothing shows up. I turn on the switch, BT LED flashes, if I press pairing, the LED flashes a shirt time then turns off. I have restarted Mac, cycled BT off/on. Nothing works.

Now what?
garybart

Post by garybart »

BTW, it works with the cable.
tiieto

Post by tiieto »

ngomes wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:32 am
tiieto wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:54 am BTW: when i unplug the SpaceMouse Enterprise and plug it back, the Blue RING LED at the knob works fine, until i press the Rotation Lock button...
After press this button, the Ring LED turns off and never come back (until i unplug the mouse and plug it back in..)
Are you reporting a separate issue in addition to all the others?

What exactly do you mean by "never come back"? Does the device stop working as expected or are you referring only to the LEDs staying in the off state?

If the device is disabled, try connecting it to another USB port but ensure it is a port on the machine. USB hubs are notoriously flaky.
I Only talk about the Ring LED.. By pressing the Rotation Lock button, the Ring LED switches off and will be on again only after replug the SpaceMouse Enterprise..
The device still work fine with disabled Ring LED...

Because i have a 2019 MBP i only have 4 Thunderbolt / USB-C ports.. So i have to use a Hub to get the Mouse Connected...

Kind Regards..
garybart

Post by garybart »

garybart wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:18 pm I am not sure what is going on, but I can no longer pair my CadMouse Compact wireless via Bluetooth. I am on MacBook Pro (Apple A5), Big Sur (latest beta driver). It was working fine. Plugged it in to charge and when done, it would not connect. Deleted the device from BT prefs, but, wheneverI try to add (pair) nothing shows up. I turn on the switch, BT LED flashes, if I press pairing, the LED flashes a shirt time then turns off. I have restarted Mac, cycled BT off/on. Nothing works.

Now what?
Disregard. It worked today.
The LAR

Post by The LAR »

Good evening,
After an initial installation, a restart, then uninstallation, then another installation, followed by another restart, then after yet another installation of the same Beta Driver, the "Allow" button finally showed up DURING the installation process to enable the software to work without its prompting me to open the Security and Privacy window within the System Preferences app.

I am running on a 13" M1 MacBook Pro with the SpaceMouse, and I am finding that it only works when I have it connected via the USB cable that comes with the device. Because the Mac has only USB-C ports, my Mac is connected to an ANKER docking station, which has a typical USB 3.0 slot on it. The pairing of the "Universal" Receiver does NOT work with the Mac (as was stated in your notes within your website), so Bluetooth capabilities are not available.

Thus far, the 3Dconnexion app that is located within the System Preferences is working well thus far, as it is quite a learning curve just to figure out how to do simple things such as initiating a click and right-click with the buttons on the device. My question is this, however: What is the timeframe for allowing the device to connect to M1 MacBook Pro machines exclusively via Bluetooth??? This enabling of the connection to Bluetooth on the Mac would definitely help from a user standpoint, as well as from a productivity standpoint, as there would be no need to physically connect this device to a USB port on a docking station in order for the device to work....

I am completely new to the world of 3D mouse technology, but I am liking the fact that I can at least perform simple scrolling up and down in the Safari app, as well as use the buttons to do clicks and right-clicks thus far. Please let us know of your timeframe for this, as your product is good; it simply needs this feature of Bluetooth initiated (AND, to make sure that the Bluetooth initiation works seamlessly with your 3Dconnexion app).
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

ChristianH54 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:46 am a beta that does not work properly for me.
And what are the driver issues that affect you?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

idzyn2 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:18 am macOS Monterey is coming out soon
We have been checking the pre-releases of macOS 12 and the beta driver works as expected.

Are there are any specific problems (other than having a "beta" label on the software) affecting the use of 3Dconnexion products on your system?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

garybart wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:18 pm I turn on the switch, BT LED flashes, if I press pairing, the LED flashes a shirt time then turns off. I have restarted Mac, cycled BT off/on. Nothing works.

Now what?
Have you tried pairing the device to a different system? Perhaps there is a hardware fault with your device. You may want to contact our Technical Support team (contacts here).

Edit: disregard. Issue sorted.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

The LAR wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:41 pm I am running on a 13" M1 MacBook Pro with the SpaceMouse [...]. The pairing of the "Universal" Receiver does NOT work with the Mac (as was stated in your notes within your website), so Bluetooth capabilities are not available.
The Universal Receiver (UR) will work fine with SpaceMouse types. The limitation that you noticed on the release notes relates to the CadMouse device types, not SpaceMouse. All wireless CadMouse types have Bluetooth support.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

marcarch wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:08 am I can't get a Keystroke shortcut to work: command+shift+\ (show all tabs) on any application.
It worked before reformatting my Mac, and, of course, reinstalled everything. Other keystroke shortcuts work.

Any clues?
Hello? :D Can someone test this?