macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by ngomes »

popevideo wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:28 pm l'm having issues with Blender using Spacemouse Enterprise. I was able to map buttons in blender's Keymap preferences using NDOF option to any of the buttons on the Spacemouse Enterprise. Now blender doesn't recognize when I try to map any of the buttons. Modifier keys do work on it.
popevideo wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:58 am Yes sorry, I switched from the Enterprise to the Spacemouse wireless, but have now switched back to the Enterprise as the more buttons offer more speed.
It doesn't look like we can do anything about the buttons in Blender.

Please refer to this and this posts, earlier in this topic.
bollella@icloud.com

Post by bollella@icloud.com »

ngomes wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:20 am We're sorry for the delay but until the issue that failed testing is resolved, we can't ship it.
Any progress to report?
Thanks,
Greg
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

bollella@icloud.com wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:16 am Any progress to report?
We're basically done. We expect to publish "beta 20" within the next 24h or so.
bollella@icloud.com

Post by bollella@icloud.com »

Yay!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

The "beta 20" (revision r3386) of the new driver for macOS was released today, October 19th. The installer is available from the FAQ page linked here. A change history summary is available on the top post.

We have improved the keyboard and mouse emulation, fixing MAC-309 (modifier keys not working on keystroke assigned to CadMouse buttons) and MAC-315 (backslash not working on non-English input sources). We also fixed MAC-308 (non-functional setting "Enable LEDs").

The delay since "beta 19" (two months to the day) was partially due to the system extension update process that we wanted to ensure is compatible with macOS 10.15, 11 and 12.

We expect the build of r3386 to be the last "beta" before we release version 10.7.0 as the official driver for macOS 10.15 and newer.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:17 am The "beta 20" (revision r3386) of the new driver for macOS was released today, October 19th.
Fn keys don't work anymore...
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 am Fn keys don't work anymore...
How are you using them, more precisely?
Someguy

Post by Someguy »

Hello everyone,

First post here, and happy owner of a SpaceMouse Wireless.
I am thinking to switch to one of the new Apple's PCs, with the ARM M1 SOC.

I understand that the goal of the current development is not to create an ARM native driver but rather a macOS v11+ compatible driver.
So my question is : how well/bad this driver is currently working on ARM chip, through the Rosetta2 "on the fly translation" ?

Thank you very much.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Someguy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:35 am I understand that the goal of the current development is not to create an ARM native driver
What makes you think so?

Our driver for macOS 11 available as a "universal" application. It includes native binaries for the Intel and ARM64 architectures. In other words, the driver is native to processors from Apple and Intel.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:57 am
marcarch wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 am Fn keys don't work anymore...
How are you using them, more precisely?
Radial menu, Mapping: type keystroke, F9 (mission control).
Tried to use it in Buttons, doesn't work neither.

Italian keyboard layout
alexandre.Glt

Post by alexandre.Glt »

In archicad, the problem is still there.
when you open a new instance, the spacemouse navigation stops moving in the prior instance.
it works only with the last opened instance.
it should work with any instance as it used to be.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:50 am Radial menu, Mapping: type keystroke, F9 (mission control).

Italian keyboard layout
How did it work before?

We're trying to establish a baseline by using an older driver (beta 19, say) to check why you see a difference in "beta 20".

Pressing F9 on an Apple keyboard does not open Mission Control. On most keyboards, Mission Control is opened by pressing the eponymous key (also has an "F3" label).
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

alexandre.Glt wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:52 am In archicad, the problem is still there.
when you open a new instance, the spacemouse navigation stops moving in the prior instance.
it works only with the last opened instance.
it should work with any instance as it used to be.
Do you recall when it used to work with any instance?
fredrikfalkman

Post by fredrikfalkman »

Hej!

Just installed 10.7.0 (3386) today after my Space Navigators stopped working with Onshape in Chrome. Now it works fine for about 30 minutes after a reboot - then suddenly stops responding. The 3Dconnexion demo apps still work, so it's something with Chrome/Onshape. I love my Space Navigators (got one at work and one at home) - please make them work again!
Also, looking to upgrade to an M1 MacBook Pro - when will that work?

Kind regards, Fredrik
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:27 am
marcarch wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:50 am Radial menu, Mapping: type keystroke, F9 (mission control).

Italian keyboard layout
How did it work before?

We're trying to establish a baseline by using an older driver (beta 19, say) to check why you see a difference in "beta 20".

Pressing F9 on an Apple keyboard does not open Mission Control. On most keyboards, Mission Control is opened by pressing the eponymous key (also has an "F3" label).
Since years (probably since mission control was called exposé) the default shortcut for triggering it was F9, so I left or reassigned this F9 shortcut in System Preferences/Mission Control, where others shortcut can be assigned too.

Then I mapped a virtual 3Dx button to F9 - Mission Control, and it worked until beta 20.

Since now (3Dx) F9 doesn’t work anymore, I believe there's a bug with virtual buttons mapping Fn keys, but I also hope that, if possible, macOS control like mission control could have their own string in mapping options, like volume, eject etc.