macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by ngomes »

zoomer wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:47 am Also I think that after using VW,
VW is causing CADMouse to loose Modifier Keys in Keystroke assignments (especially CMD)
and for loosing CMD from keyboard !? in Mail at the same time.
Either Vectorworks or Bricscad.
As mentioned before, we believe the modifier key issue with the keyboard (MAC-290) to be a driver problem. It's marked as fixed and is now pending customer validation in the next beta.

We're finalising the next beta and planning to release it next week.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

Yes, no problem.

I just thought it might help narrow it down.
But if it is already solved, also great.
slbaumgartner

Post by slbaumgartner »

I normally set the LEDS lights to be off on my Space Navigator. When using the beta driver, I find that at random moments the LED will come back on and then stay on. I haven't got a completely repeatable scenario, but it seems to be related to when I unplug the SN from USB-C to take the laptop somewhere and then plug the SN back in.

I can correct the situation by opening the 3DConnexion Home-Properties->Tools and toggling the LED box on then back off (it is off when I open the panel even though the LEDs are actually lit). Alternatively, I can log off and back on. A restart or reboot of the computer will also reset it.
K1LLD0Z3R04

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

updated today to R3295 with hope to use my modiferkeys again in 2021... sad to say that at all.
But no nothing works now, the Home App does not load anymore, and the Mouse does not work anymore. **********
What to do now?! Tried to install it 3 times no, don't get it back running.

please help!

Moderator edit (Mar 15, 2021): removed foul language (see BOARD RULES under "Be respectful").
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

After re-installing 10.7.0 on Mac OS 11.2.3 and restarting 2 time I have Vectorworks 2021 working better with my 3Dspacemouse wireless.
The fix for me was to change the Vectorworks preference fo Navigation Graphics to Best Performance. When you do this the jumping goes away and flyover is smooth.
Also NOTE: If you want the object flyover to rotate around a particular object in a scene NOT the center of space. #1. select you center object. #2. -use the Vectorworks flyover tool to move the scene. #3. --then with out deflecting the center object use the 3DSpacemouse to move the object it should work correctly.
K1LLD0Z3R04

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

after installing 10.7.0 i can't open up the "home" app to make any changes to the settings.
it its still normal that none of the modifier stand alone keys work right? cmd, alt, shift and so on... very sad.
what could i do? downgrading did not work, should i remove everything and do an fresh install of your software?
i've a litte fear trying this, because the first time it took me about half an day to get the mouse running at all.
lineweight

Post by lineweight »

rjtiedeman wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:13 pm After re-installing 10.7.0 on Mac OS 11.2.3 and restarting 2 time I have Vectorworks 2021 working better with my 3Dspacemouse wireless.
The fix for me was to change the Vectorworks preference fo Navigation Graphics to Best Performance. When you do this the jumping goes away and flyover is smooth.
This doesn't work for me.
I've tried various things like this and thought it was better - and then at some point it starts misbehaving again. I suspect you might find the same.
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

I only tried my fix on 3 files on different sizes Last night. Today it has stopped working. It just zooms out in space after about 2 min of scrolling. The shudder action is gone though. Small win.
lineweight

Post by lineweight »

rjtiedeman wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:01 am I only tried my fix on 3 files on different sizes Last night. Today it has stopped working. It just zooms out in space after about 2 min of scrolling. The shudder action is gone though. Small win.
Hm. Has the shudder effect gone on all files? I find that to be noticeably worse on larger files.
RVeldhuyzen

Post by RVeldhuyzen »

RVeldhuyzen wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:02 am ...

Crash 1:
[Maya just disappears]

Crash 2:
[Maya throws a crash error and disappears]

Crash 3:
[The weird issue where Maya acts like there is another window open]

Okay, here's a Maya update from me again. Specifically concerning the 3rd issue I described before, where Maya acts like there is another window open. I can click anywhere but I hear the MacOS "beep" that I can't interact with the Maya window, etc.

I "solved" this issue every time it occurred by opening the Apple menu, choosing Force Quit, and quitting Maya. Starting Maya again and continuing from my last save.
A little over a week ago I missed a click and stuff happened. Maya did the thing again, so I went to the apple menu, moved down towards Force Quit but I missed it! Instead I hit the option below which puts the computer to sleep. So my iMac went to sleep, and I pressed a button on the keyboard to wake it back up. The Maya window was back in front of me and out of habit I touched the SpaceMouse, and guess what? My viewport camera moved! I clicked a few buttons and Maya acted like there was nothing wrong! I could continue my work, could save the file, etc!
So I filed this away as a potential fix to try the next time it happened, just put the iMac to sleep and wake it back up, and avoid losing work.

But here's the kicker. This issue came up dozens of times a day. Sometimes twice within 2-3 minutes. But ever since this sleep incident? It HAS NOT HAPPENED AGAIN.
It's been days and hours and hours of time spent in Maya, the issue has not returned. Somehow putting the iMac to sleep during and episode once fixed it somehow?
I have no clue what happened. But after at this point I'm pretty confident the issue is actually gone.

It wasn't the last MacOS update that fixed it, it was fixed a few days before I installed that update. After installing the update it remains fixed. Nothing else changed hardware or software wise on this machine.

The other two crashes still occur multiple times a day.

So, I'm not sure if it was a Maya, SpaceMouse driver or MacOS issue, and I'm not sure why and how it's fixed, but it is. If you or anyone else experience that same issue, try putting the machine to sleep and see if it helps :P
It's time to roll the dice...
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

RVeldhuyzen wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:21 am So, I'm not sure if it was a Maya, SpaceMouse driver or MacOS issue, and I'm not sure why and how it's fixed, but it is.
We believe the issue is in a 3Dconnexion plug-in for Maya but we're not sure.
lineweight

Post by lineweight »

Ok... so, Vectorworks have just released SP3 for VW2021.

I have now tried it on my M1 mac mini running Big Sur and so far I have not had any random jumps or zooms. I would say that the general motion is now much improved as well.

So I am going to cross my fingers and hope it stays that way.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

lineweight wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:39 am Vectorworks have just released SP3 for VW2021.
Thanks for following up here, lineweight.

3Dconnexion is collaborating with Vectorworks to address this problem and were told to expect SP3 for Vectorworks 2021 today morning (EST time zone).

At this point, we're waiting for more customers to have the opportunity to install SP3 and check for themselves if the "sudden jump" issue (MAC-268) appears to be resolved.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Any word on the next driver update.. with the single modifier fix that was mentioned?
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Since i can't seem to edit here.. - The ultimate test will be if modifiers work in Zbrush on mac!
It heavily relies on those!

That makes it a good candidate to test with.