macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
ngomes
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2406
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:22 am
Contact:

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by ngomes » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:24 am

gobluejd wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:52 am
However when I change to Keystroke, it will only allow one character. How to I set up in Keystroke with multiple keys?
You can simply assign a keystroke directly to a button or you can edit a macro like shown below:
typestroke_action_in_macro.png
typestroke_action_in_macro.png (143.94 KiB) Viewed 404 times

gobluejd
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:50 am

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by gobluejd » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:28 am

When I hit the command key, with it set to keystroke, it does not do anything. Only regular keys will show. Am I not doing something correct? When I create a new Macro, change dropdown to Keystroke and hit the COMMAND KEY, nothing happens. If I hit say the a, it will display a.

MrsspookyPooky
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:31 am

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by MrsspookyPooky » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:33 am

The beta driver doesn't work at all with my brand new compact SpaceMouse. It doesn't work on Firestorm (Second Life - the SpaceNavigator always worked with it), and it doesn't work on Google Earth Pro on my desktop. There is a fitful response to Google Earth in a browser.

thanks

ngomes
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2406
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:22 am
Contact:

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by ngomes » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:38 am

gobluejd wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:28 am
and hit the COMMAND KEY, nothing happens. If I hit say the a, it will display a.
And if you hold down the cmd key whilst pressing the "a" key, say?

Basically, press the modifier key down, press and release the printable key ("a", "b", etc) and then release the modifier.

gobluejd
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:50 am

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by gobluejd » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:52 am

Sorry. I was just trying to hit it individually. When I do the actual sequence it works. Thank you!!!

bitsplusatoms
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:38 pm

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by bitsplusatoms » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:37 am

ngomes wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:30 am
bitsplusatoms wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:49 pm
Basically any motion of the device causes the mouse pointer to either jump to the top of the screen or the bottom, regardless of the app in use.
We don't yet have a native build for the M1 but the description of the problem you're seeing (mouse pointer moving to the edge of the display) suggest you're affected by a known issue (MAC-269).

In the meantime, you may want to try connecting your SpaceMouse to the M1 system using a cable. My assumption is that you're using a wireless device.
Thank you for the response. For some reason I missed this and posted another question today. I will delete it (or the moderators can since it has not been approved as of the time of this writing).

kaz911
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:51 am

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by kaz911 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:57 am

Just tried the latest driver (3291)

1. After installation - restart caused a major Mac fail (MBP 16" Big Sur) during the requested reboot. Complete crash with "high speed fan" - I have not had any of those for AGES.

2. I can't pair my SpaceMouse wireless - it just keeps saying searching and stops searching after a while with not found.

I'm not using my CadMouse Wireless as it wont work on wireless so that has gone in the "Useless hardware" box and replaced by Logitech M720.

But right now I have a project in Fusion 360 so it is a bugger that the drivers for Big Sur is still not working. I must admit I'm pretty tried of the software quality from 3DConnection (as communicated to support a few times)

K1LLD0Z3R04
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:31 am

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:41 am

any news when the modifier keys will work?? how long can something basic like this can take to implement... :cry:
the devices are really pricy, i expect perfect support for that price. And i can not even use my cmd key on the mouse, that's really sad :(
we have 2021 now. any workaround? makes i quite useless if i only can rotate and so an, these were my most used keys.

ngomes
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2406
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:22 am
Contact:

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by ngomes » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:27 am

kaz911 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:57 am
Just tried the latest driver (3291)

1. After installation - restart caused a major Mac fail (MBP 16" Big Sur) during the requested reboot. Complete crash with "high speed fan" - I have not had any of those for AGES.
The new driver no longer includes a kernel extension and installs as a regular application. A "complete crash" is not likely to be related to the new driver.
2. I can't pair my SpaceMouse wireless - it just keeps saying searching and stops searching after a while with not found.
This is unexpected. I recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support team (contacts here).
I'm not using my CadMouse Wireless as it wont work on wireless so that has gone in the "Useless hardware" box and replaced by Logitech M720.
Your CadMouse Wireless will work over Bluetooth. You can also use the CadMouse Wireless over a cable connection to pair it over Bluetooth.

ngomes
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2406
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:22 am
Contact:

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by ngomes » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:29 am

K1LLD0Z3R04 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:41 am
any news when the modifier keys will work?? how long can something basic like this can take to implement... :cry:
We don't yet have a projection date to offer the experience in macOS 11 as we currently have in 10.15 and older. If it was "basic", it would have been done long ago.

What exactly isn't working with the modifiers keys? We have limited support for modifiers keys. Perhaps we can assist you in find an interim solution if you tell us what is broken.

marcarch
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:41 am

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by marcarch » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:51 am

Any news on an improved UX experience?
RM menus hover+hovering out = perform virtual button action doesn't work on any macos, while it does on Win.

ngomes
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2406
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:22 am
Contact:

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by ngomes » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:51 am

marcarch wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:51 am
RM menus hover+hovering out = perform virtual button action doesn't work on any macos, while it does on Win.
We didn't port that particular feature (hover out to activate action) over to macOS. It's currently a Windows feature.

marcarch
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:41 am

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by marcarch » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:03 am

ngomes wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:51 am
marcarch wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:51 am
RM menus hover+hovering out = perform virtual button action doesn't work on any macos, while it does on Win.
We didn't port that particular feature (hover out to activate action) over to macOS. It's currently a Windows feature.
Is it possible or somehow easy to port it over? I find it very useful, would make the mouse experience more coherent and truly multi platform.

cjadams
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:45 am

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by cjadams » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:14 am

in general features should be the same cross platform i cant be the only one that uses these devices cross platform on a kvm switch in some cases.

kaz911
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:51 am

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by kaz911 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:07 am

ngomes wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:27 am
kaz911 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:57 am
Just tried the latest driver (3291)

1. After installation - restart caused a major Mac fail (MBP 16" Big Sur) during the requested reboot. Complete crash with "high speed fan" - I have not had any of those for AGES.
The new driver no longer includes a kernel extension and installs as a regular application. A "complete crash" is not likely to be related to the new driver.
2. I can't pair my SpaceMouse wireless - it just keeps saying searching and stops searching after a while with not found.
This is unexpected. I recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support team (contacts here).
I'm not using my CadMouse Wireless as it wont work on wireless so that has gone in the "Useless hardware" box and replaced by Logitech M720.
Your CadMouse Wireless will work over Bluetooth. You can also use the CadMouse Wireless over a cable connection to pair it over Bluetooth.
SpaceMouse Wireless - I paired the spacemouse via my PC. But it still does not work on MacOS.

I tried the trainer - and nothing happened. I did a full uninstall and reinstall - and still nothing works with SpaceMouse (even trainer) - everything works fine on the PC. I can take the receiver - plug into the PC and everything works. I then move it to the Mac - and nothing works. It seems like it finds the receiver. If I unplug the receiver it complains no receiver is installed. SpaceMouse wireless does not even show battery status.

CadMouse wireless - yes I could use it via Bluetooth but that is not an option for me. And I have tried cabled and that is seriously a non-option.

Post Reply