SpaceMouse pro in Big Sur does not work at all, or has extreme delay / input lag - Macbook pro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

lineweight

Re: SpaceMouse pro in Big Sur does not work at all, or has extreme delay / input lag - Macbook pro

Post by lineweight »

ngomes wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:06 am Hi tdw,
tdw wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:57 am I hope when you say this is specific issue to the SpaceMouse Pro you also mean SpaceMouse Compact as I am having the exact same issue.
MAC-255 is an issue affecting the SpaceMouse Pro only. Please ensure you are using the latest build (refer to this post).

If you still see this "lag" problem when using your SpaceMouse Compact and the latest beta driver (revision "r3277" as of writing this), please let us know in this topic.
I am using a wired SpaceMouse Pro and currently trying it in Big Sur.

I am not seeing the kind of extreme lag described at the top of this thread, but I feel the motion is not as smooth as it ought to be. This is most noticeable in the application where I mainly use the SpaceMouse (Vectorworks) but having read this thread, I have been trying it in the 3Dconnexion "viewer" (the jet engine) and I believe it's noticeable there too. For example, if I try just to gently rotate the object I feel it is juddering and jerking somewhat. This is not the case when I try in on my old Mac where I still have Mojave running.

I am used to the SpaceMouse giving me clean, predictable, precise motion but this just isn't the experience I'm getting in Big Sur.
couly

Re: SpaceMouse pro in Big Sur does not work at all, or has extreme delay / input lag - Macbook pro

Post by couly »

Please continue to provide the community with updates on the issue. I bought my 3D mouse specifically for this system and toolkit. I'm willing to give more time for this to be resolved, but if it's not resolved in a timely manner then I will request a refund.
Laterstarter

Post by Laterstarter »

My SpaceMouse wireless works well with Sketchup2021, however on a File Save or File Close Sketchup crashes every time. I am using the latest beta patch. Crash reports clearly identify the 3DXware as errant code. So work is doable, but very frustrating having to restart Sketchup every time I save.

I know the 3DConnexion team are trying to work through the issues caused by big Sur. I am sure they are just as frustrated as I am
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Laterstarter,

it would be helpful if you could report this issue with all details you can provide to our our Technical Support Team. Thanks!