“Crosstalk” in SpaceMouse Compact?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

JetForMe

“Crosstalk” in SpaceMouse Compact?

Post by JetForMe »

I have a SpaceMouse Pro (wired) and a SpaceMouse Compact (wired). The Pro works great, and I've become quite fond of having it. I use them with a MacBook Pro I tote from work to home and back. I bought the Compact thinking I'd carry it with me, but I only really just started to use it at home.

The problem is, it seems to have weird crosstalk between axes or degrees of freedom. It's hard to describe. But while I'm fairly adept at using the Pro with Fusion 360, when I use the Compact, it's like I'm drunk. I have a very hard time positioning the model the way I want. It's almost as if one of the axes is reversed, but not quite.

I don't know that there's any way to make a screen recording that illustrates what I'm experiencing; I think you have to try it to see.

Is it possible there's some difference in the way the two devices communicate? I couldn't see anything obvious in the settings.
UtaSH

Re: “Crosstalk” in SpaceMouse Compact?

Post by UtaSH »

Hi JetForMe.

the navigation of the SpaceMouse Pro and the SpaceMouse Compact should be the same. Please contact our Technical Support Team.