Can't allow driver on big sur

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Re: Can't allow driver on big sur

Post by ngomes »

venturax wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:53 am the message is: "(OSSystemExtensionErrorDomain error 10.)" "OSSystemExtensionErrorForbiddenBySystemPolicy (10)".
There was at least one other similar case (see here).

In the end, the customer was able to solve the problem. As it turned out, their company was using a device management tool from Jamf which needed to be configured to allow the activation of the system extension:
garybart wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:01 pm Ok, so problem solved. My IT guy is waiting for moderator approval to post his comments, but Jamf permissions enabled the install to take place.
venturax

Post by venturax »

Thanks @ngomes.
I'm talking with IT here. I'll let you know.
Spockagain

Post by Spockagain »

The resolution linked doesn't actually have information on what was done to resolve the issue. Does anyone have any updates on that? We would need data from 3DConnexion to add a system extension allowance in Jamf.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Spockagain wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:02 pm We would need data from 3DConnexion to add a system extension allowance in Jamf.
What data would that be?
richieyasu

Post by richieyasu »

Same problem. I tried to install and there is no prompt to "Allow" access. Running Monterey 12.3.1.

I would really appreciate help. I haven't gotten to use my Spacemouse in several MONTHS. Aside from this problem, before it just stopped working after my first time with Monterey.
Will downgrading to a different Mac version? Would that even help?
constellation

Post by constellation »

3DConnexion is not really supporting MacOS, despite what they state.