SpaceMouse Pro Wireless Not Connecting

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

jesse.art

SpaceMouse Pro Wireless Not Connecting

Post by jesse.art »

Just got my new SMP today and was eager to use it but disappointed to find that it isn't connecting wirelessly to my Mac Pro 2019 with Big Sur. I can connect via USB and it seems to run(As well as it can on Big Sur using beta software anyway). The utility says its paired and when I move the puck it bounces the cursor around the screen but it just doesn't work in any app such as Maya or ZBrush until I connect the USB cable.

Mac Pro 2019
macOS 11.1
3dxWare 10.7.0
ngomes

Re: SpaceMouse Pro Wireless Not Connecting

Post by ngomes »

Hi jesse.art,
jesse.art wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:13 am The utility says its paired and when I move the puck it bounces the cursor around the screen but it just doesn't work in any app such as Maya or ZBrush until I connect the USB cable.
Can you try to recreate the pairing (using the tool mentioned), reboot and see if this allows the SpaceMouse to operate over the dongle?

We're aware of similar reports (wireless device does work over dongle) but we haven't yet been able to reproduce the problem in-house.
Nuno Gomes
luping

Post by luping »

jesse.art wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:13 am Just got my new SMP today and was eager to use it but disappointed to find that it isn't connecting wirelessly to my Mac Pro 2019 with Big Sur. I can connect via USB and it seems to run(As well as it can on Big Sur using beta software anyway). The utility says its paired and when I move the puck it bounces the cursor around the screen but it just doesn't work in any app such as Maya or ZBrush until I connect the USB cable.

Mac Pro 2019
macOS 11.1
3dxWare 10.7.0
Try update your SPMW firmware as well as the dongle firmware with this tool in a Windows PC.
https://www.3dconnexion.com/technical_s ... r17928.exe
luping

Post by luping »

SMPW(SpaceMouse Pro Wireless), not SPMW, sorry.
jesse.art

Post by jesse.art »

luping wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:53 pm
jesse.art wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:13 am Just got my new SMP today and was eager to use it but disappointed to find that it isn't connecting wirelessly to my Mac Pro 2019 with Big Sur. I can connect via USB and it seems to run(As well as it can on Big Sur using beta software anyway). The utility says its paired and when I move the puck it bounces the cursor around the screen but it just doesn't work in any app such as Maya or ZBrush until I connect the USB cable.

Mac Pro 2019
macOS 11.1
3dxWare 10.7.0
Try update your SPMW firmware as well as the dongle firmware with this tool in a Windows PC.
https://www.3dconnexion.com/technical_s ... r17928.exe
Unfortunately I do not have access to a PC
jesse.art

Post by jesse.art »

ngomes wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:12 am Hi jesse.art,
jesse.art wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:13 am The utility says its paired and when I move the puck it bounces the cursor around the screen but it just doesn't work in any app such as Maya or ZBrush until I connect the USB cable.
Can you try to recreate the pairing (using the tool mentioned), reboot and see if this allows the SpaceMouse to operate over the dongle?

We're aware of similar reports (wireless device does work over dongle) but we haven't yet been able to reproduce the problem in-house.
I've actually recently downgraded to Catalina for now for various issues with multiple apps and am still having the same issue with the SMP. Seems to work as expected when plugged in via USB but wirelessly the blue LED goes out and it essentially operates as a 2d mouse.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

jesse.art wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:21 pm Unfortunately I do not have access to a PC
Have a word with our technical support team (contacts here). They will assist you in sorting this out.
jesse.art

Post by jesse.art »

I sent a message but never heard back. I ended up downgrading back to Catalina and it seems to be working ok now. I haven't customized the buttons or anything but I can use it wirelessly as intended so far