CadMouse Wireless - Not clicking

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

hoolito

Re: CadMouse Wireless - Not clicking

Post by hoolito »

Hi,

Please do report back.
I confirm the issues with left/right buttons on BT are solved. They updated the BT libraries for FW 1.11.

BUT
:D
Occasionally, I'm having problems with my MIDDLE mouse button now (which was perfect). After release it stays "on" for what can be up to 1 or 2 seconds. Then it releases. My CAD rotates the model with the MMB, so this means the model keeps rotating beyond intention.
It might be related to heavy computational loads, because I think it only occurs when the fans are running full speed. I haven't been able to pinpoint it yet. When it happens, I can reproduce it in that mouse testing website.
I didn't notice it immediately after upgrading. It happens rather sparsely. But it's there. If I restart the computer it's gone.

But it would be nice if you could also keep an eye on this behaviour on your end...
Which computer are you using?

Best regards,
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

bretcobrageek wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:11 am I'd hate to have to ditch the mouse so I'm really hopeful it will work.
We're still here. If something's amiss, we will try to help out.
bretcobrageek

Post by bretcobrageek »

:D It works! It's amazing. It works in all modes now. Even the receiver mode. But best of all I can use the bluetooth connection now! The firmware upgrade was the right thing to do.

I haven't noticed an issue with the middle mouse button yet, but I'll try to let you know if I hit something there. But generally, it's a great fix! I really love this mouse and now that the buttons seem to work on bluetooth mode, things may be much happier.

Thanks for taking the plunge for us all :-).
bretcobrageek

Post by bretcobrageek »

I was so excited about the mouse working that I missed the last bit of your post. I'm on a 2017 macbook pro running the latest Catalina revision (10.15.7). I do go through spells with the CPU is pegged and the fans are spinning wildly, so I'll try to check for middle mouse button issues. But I have to admit that while having a middle button is important, I don't use it all that often so it will be more difficult to notice than problems with the left click.

I'll keep an eye on things and let you know if I notice anything else. Thanks!
hoolito

Post by hoolito »

Thanks! Glad it worked.
BTW, funny you don't use the MMB "that often". The MMB is for me THE reason why I use this mouse. It is to my knowledge the only mouse left in the whole galaxy to have 3 mouse buttons (while the MMB is NOT the wheel)

Cheers
bretcobrageek

Post by bretcobrageek »

Yeah, the MMB is important and useful for just normal linux interaction, but vital in CAD. Unfortunately I don't get to CAD for a living and it is only a hobby which I don't get to do as much as I'd like. I found this mouse quickly as I already have the space mouse, but until you mentioned it I hadn't realized that nobody makes a MMB mouse anymore. And the MMB on the wheel is a disaster in my opinion (always zooming when trying to hit the MMB :-)).

Anyway, at this point I still haven't hit any issues with the MMB, but I'll keep watching. Thx.
Mouse Tester

Post by Mouse Tester »

sometimes, wireless mouse doesn't work perfectly and wired mouse works perfectly. Then, I came to know a guide named Mouse accuracy test where I came to know the solution to my problem
hoolito

Post by hoolito »

Hi, which guide? Is this a program? A website?
Thx for linking to a source.
Mouse Tester

Post by Mouse Tester »

Sometimes this not clicking problem happens and many times, it irritates specially when we are dealing with wireless mouse. But, there is a guide named as Mouse accuracy test where a they provide a detailed guide about how to set your wireless mouse mouse issues. Do must visit that if you are facing that problem.
easytest

Post by easytest »

If I had to guess, there are some settings on your computer that you don't know about. Specifically the ones for mouse clicks and keystrokes!?!
A lot of people use mice with two buttons (clickable) as well as having extra "programmable" keys below them where they can set different commands within certain programs or websites without needlessly mashing out characters all over again - but if this isn’t what's happening then it sounds like somebody might want to check into more advanced customization options available through their operating system interface program which may save hours every week scouring Google+ looking for “removal tool.
easytest

Post by easytest »

It happens from time to time that the mouse does not click, and more often than not, it irritates, especially when we are dealing with a wireless mouse. However, they provide a detailed guide about how to troubleshoot your wireless mouse issues in a guide called the Mouse accuracy test. If you're facing that problem, you must visit that.
macrotester

Post by macrotester »

Having been in touch with Support for a while, this could be either actually. Yesterday I finally found a way to reproduce the problem and keep it here, so one way or another, you're likely to be benefited. You should proceed with these tests on this website https://macrotester.com/mouse-test-clicker/ mouse-test If you click OK in the CadMouse window, and while depressed, then press the left or appropriate mouse, then you should get the results you are looking for.