MacOS Big Sur Sleep Issue.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

dblock

MacOS Big Sur Sleep Issue.

Post by dblock »

I am using a mac pro running Big Sur 11.1. I have the 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Enterprise and I am noticing two issue. The first is the mouse prevents my computer from going to sleep. The second is the mouse does not work with FreeCad. Is there something I am missing? Is there a setting that will fix the issue with the computer not going to sleep? Also will you be fixing the issue with FreeCad?
ngomes

Re: MacOS Big Sur Sleep Issue.

Post by ngomes »

Hi dblock,
dblock wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:44 pm I am using a mac pro running Big Sur 11.1. I have the 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Enterprise and I am noticing two issue. The first is the mouse prevents my computer from going to sleep.
Is the device constantly sending data ("drifting")? For example, do see a continuous movement in an application?
The second is the mouse does not work with FreeCad. Is there something I am missing? Is there a setting that will fix the issue with the computer not going to sleep? Also will you be fixing the issue with FreeCad?
If I'm not mistaken, it is necessary to build FreeCad on a Mac with the 3Dconnexion drivers already installed: the build tool will detect the driver and automatically enable support for 3D mouse.
Nuno Gomes