Big Sur Driver seems not loading

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

hoeni

Big Sur Driver seems not loading

Post by hoeni »

Hi,

when checking all my app's compatibility for Big Sur, unfortunately I forgot to check for the drivers for my 3D Mouse Wireless before updating. I did not expect that 2 month after the official OS release and months after public betas were available this would be such an issue.
Now I'm stuck here without a working 3D Mouse for my Fusion 360, which is really bad because Fusion's support for Apple's Magic Mouse is a catastrophe.

I downloaded the latest beta driver (3DXWARE 10.7.0 BETA (BIG SUR)) from the 3dconnexion site and installed. The installer said I would need to activate the kernel driver in the system security settings (I already knew that procedure), but there were no requests pending in the system panel (I checked immediately). When I checked in 3Dconnexion Viewer after a reboot, there was no response to the SpaceMouse at all.

To make sure the install is clean I used the provided uninstaller, rebooted. Used the installer again, same.

When I do a

Code: Select all

kextstat | grep -v com.apple
it only shows up two extensions unrelated with 3Dmouse. Should this show an 3D-Mouse driver?

When I go to the 3Dconnection control panel, it shows a "SpaceMouse Wireless" entry, that gets removed when I unplug the USB-Receiver and activated, when I plug again. When I move the controller, the (system-)mouse cursor gets pushed in the corners of the screen (immediately, without movement), but there is no object movement, neither in the 3Dconnexion Viewer nor in Fusion 360.

Any help is appreciated...

Tobi
ngomes

Re: Big Sur Driver seems not loading

Post by ngomes »

Hi hoeni,
hoeni wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:27 am When I do a

Code: Select all

kextstat | grep -v com.apple
it only shows up two extensions unrelated with 3Dmouse. Should this show an 3D-Mouse driver?
MacOS 11 does not support kernel extensions (deprecated in macOS 11.15). As such, our beta driver for the new OS version does not include kernel code and kextstat will return no 3Dconnexion entries.