Big Sur Apps

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

bwf4

Big Sur Apps

Post by bwf4 »

I recently got Mac Mini M1. This is my first time using a 3Dconnexion mouse with a Mac. I installed the 10.7.0 beats and the mouse works great with Fusion 360. However, applications like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Preview, and Chrome don't respond to input. Is this normal?

On Windows 10 Adobe Acrobat Reader works nicely with the mouse, and Chrome scrolls. Safari only responds to Spinning Clockwise or Counter-clock wise which zooms in and out. It looks like it is using a keyboard short cut for CMD-+ and CMD-= because sometimes it adds "---" or "===" when I use it while typing this message.
ngomes

Re: Big Sur Apps

Post by ngomes »

Hi bwf4,
bwf4 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:45 am However, applications like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Preview, and Chrome don't respond to input. Is this normal?
Sort of.

We used to have a plugin for Adobe Reader (just like on Windows) but there's an issue in Reader that prevents it from loading our add-in (conflict between signed plugin and Apple's notarization process).

On the Mac, there's no support for Preview and Chrome but applications working a web browser context (like Onshape) will work fine.
Nuno Gomes