Backup SMPW Configu

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

jesse.art

Backup SMPW Configu

Post by jesse.art »

Searching the boards I found answers for Windows users but not us fine Mac folk. Usually I can find them using the windows location as a guide but that hasn't been the case with my SMPW and before I start customizing this thing I need to make sure I can find the config files and back them up.

3Dconnexion really should have a user friendly way to do this via the app.
ngomes

Re: Backup SMPW Configu

Post by ngomes »

jesse.art wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:41 am 3Dconnexion really should have a user friendly way to do this via the app.
Go to the "3Dconnexion" pane in the System Preferences, click the pull-down menu and check if the "Export Configuration..." feature is what you're looking for. Make sure you verify if the feature works for you.

The "configuration" data is saved to ~/Library/Preferences/com.3dconnexion.mappings.plist
Nuno Gomes
jesse.art

Post by jesse.art »

Boom! Thank you sir(or madam).

Exported and imported but now that I've imported I'm getting asked about replacing every custom function. Any way to bypass and just do a yes to all?
Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 11.35.27 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 11.35.27 AM.jpg (103.44 KiB) Viewed 3824 times
jesse.art

Post by jesse.art »

Wow. I went through and clicked yes or ok for what seemed to be about 100 dialogues.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

jesse.art wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:40 pm Wow. I went through and clicked yes or ok for what seemed to be about 100 dialogues.
That's not acceptable. We need to add a check box to allow the software to pick your last choice every time.