CadMouse Pro Wireless - "jumpy" cursor

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Re: CadMouse Pro Wireless - "jumpy" cursor

Post by ngomes »

btb123 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:11 pm Is this a driver issue?
Unlikely.

Try using a different surface. For example, try a blank piece of paper or another surface to move your mouse on and see if the issue is still apparent.
iHD3

Post by iHD3 »

Yes, scrolling is enabled and works as it should with my Apple mouse connected. Doesn't work with the CMPW with a wired, BT or wireless connection (and Apple mouse disabled to avoid possible interference).
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

iHD3 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:58 am Yes, scrolling is enabled and works as it should with my Apple mouse connected. Doesn't work with the CMPW with a wired, BT or wireless connection (and Apple mouse disabled to avoid possible interference).
And we have ruled out an hardware issue with the CMPW.

Looks like you're looking at an isolated issue: wheel does not scroll but the CMPW otherwise works as expected.
btb123

Post by btb123 »

ngomes wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:12 am
btb123 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:11 pm Is this a driver issue?
Unlikely.

Try using a different surface. For example, try a blank piece of paper or another surface to move your mouse on and see if the issue is still apparent.
I am using one of your mouse pads and the optical sensor is clean. A reboot fixes it, but it comes back after a while. I will try and narrow down what might be causing it.
iHD3

Post by iHD3 »

ngomes wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:31 am Looks like you're looking at an isolated issue: wheel does not scroll but the CMPW otherwise works as expected.
OK, so what can be done about this? (There's nothing unusual or customised about my iMac Pro, before you ask.)
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

iHD3 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:26 pm
ngomes wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:31 am Looks like you're looking at an isolated issue: wheel does not scroll but the CMPW otherwise works as expected.
OK, so what can be done about this? (There's nothing unusual or customised about my iMac Pro, before you ask.)
I don't know. Isolated issues (where a problem is reported on a single system) are notoriously difficult to determine what is going on. We can't discern a pattern since there's no commonality with other cases.

You can try uninstalling the driver but I doubt it will have an impact. After that -- and I'm only too aware of how that sounds, you may try to do a clean install of macOS.
iHD3

Post by iHD3 »

ngomes wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:20 am You can try uninstalling the driver but I doubt it will have an impact. After that -- and I'm only too aware of how that sounds, you may try to do a clean install of macOS.
Is there a utility for uninstalling the driver?

BTW, I have still not had a response from your colleagues to my earlier post in this thread, despite my post being in reply to theirs.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

iHD3 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:11 am Is there a utility for uninstalling the driver?
Go to Finder > Applications and open the "3Dconnexion" folder. You will find a "uninstall" item: double-click it to initiate the driver removal. It is advisable to reboot the system once that process completes (even if not prompted).
BTW, I have still not had a response from your colleagues to my earlier post in this thread, despite my post being in reply to theirs.
To ensure you have a response, please use the Technical Support communication channels (see here for details).