Support Phone Number and Support Tickets

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

bollella@icloud.com

Support Phone Number and Support Tickets

Post by bollella@icloud.com »

I have submitted 4 support tickets over the past few weeks and have not received ANY email response. SPE is very broken on Big Sur requiring me to restart Maya and ZBrush often. Also the buttons are inoperative when using ZBrush. Control, Alt, Shift do NOTHING.

The support phone number for North America is incorrect. I've tried all combinations of prefixes and always get recordings saying the number is incorrect.

What's going on????????

Greg
luping

Re: Support Phone Number and Support Tickets

Post by luping »

For macOS 11 Big Sur, the 3DxWare driver is still in beta development phase, as of today v10.7.0 beta 15. As for beta status driver, use it at your own risk in a production environment.
luping

Post by luping »

By the way, I suppose 3Dconnexion company is COVID-19 pandemic-stricken with strained resource to support you via phone.
bollella@icloud.com

I understand the meaning of beta. I've worked in the sw industry for 30 years and have a Ph.D. in computer science so I do know a bit about sw. Not responding to support tickets with even an acknowledgement points to something broken either in their submit process/sw or my mail client. When I submit a report I see a notice that an email has been sent but I do not get it. Something is broken and it would be good to get to the bottom of it.

Having an **incorrect** phone number listed for North America, a number that isn't even usable, isn't a Covid-19 issue; it's a bug. Long wait times would be a covid-19 issue but the number doesn't even connect.

Other vendors I interact with regularly, even now, respond to report submissions with an acknowledgement and often work closely with me to resolve issues.

It would feel a lot better if I got some response from 3DConnexion..

Greg
luping

Post by luping »

Follow up with thread to keep tack of the 3DxWare beta driver:
https://forum.3dconnexion.com/viewtopic ... 23&t=39825

My experience with SpaceMouse Enterprise is that it's best to work with Windows 10 OS, rather than with macOS.
claireh

Post by claireh »

bollella@icloud.com wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:41 pm I understand the meaning of beta. I've worked in the sw industry for 30 years and have a Ph.D. in computer science so I do know a bit about sw. Not responding to support tickets with even an acknowledgement points to something broken either in their submit process/sw or my mail client. When I submit a report I see a notice that an email has been sent but I do not get it. Something is broken and it would be good to get to the bottom of it.

Having an **incorrect** phone number listed for North America, a number that isn't even usable, isn't a Covid-19 issue; it's a bug. Long wait times would be a covid-19 issue but the number doesn't even connect.

Other vendors I interact with regularly, even now, respond to report submissions with an acknowledgement and often work closely with me to resolve issues.

It would feel a lot better if I got some response from 3DConnexion..

Greg
Hello Greg,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with support. I looked through our system and found your account, but only see one case from Feb 2021 that was an RMA. I assume you've tried creating a new ticket since then. Is this correct?

Once submitted, your browser should be redirected to a confirmation page stating you will hear from someone shortly. Did you ever see this? Also, an automated response will be sent via email confirming your request. I'm not seeing any of these in our system which indicates the forum submission wasn't completed. All fields need to be filled on the page in order for the submission to go through. Are you positive this was the case?

Thank you for letting us know about the incorrect phone number for our North America line. I've gone ahead and informed our website team of the issue. If you would like to call instead of trying to resubmit the form, please reach out at (888) 847-4670. Our support teams are available between 9am and 5pm EST.

If for some reason this doesn't work, you can reply here or send me a pm and I'll get you in touch with the correct department.
Claire
bollella@icloud.com

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with support. I looked through our system and found your account, but only see one case from Feb 2021 that was an RMA. I assume you've tried creating a new ticket since then. Is this correct?
[*]Yes, I have filed 3 or 4 tickets but get no emails at all.

Once submitted, your browser should be redirected to a confirmation page stating you will hear from someone shortly. Did you ever see this?
[*]Yes
Also, an automated response will be sent via email confirming your request. I'm not seeing any of these in our system which indicates the forum submission wasn't completed. All fields need to be filled on the page in order for the submission to go through. Are you positive this was the case?
[*]I am pretty sure. I did get the page above saying someone would be in contact and that an email was sent.

Thank you for letting us know about the incorrect phone number for our North America line. I've gone ahead and informed our website team of the issue. If you would like to call instead of trying to resubmit the form, please reach out at (888) 847-4670. Our support teams are available between 9am and 5pm EST.

If for some reason this doesn't work, you can reply here or send me a pm and I'll get you in touch with the correct department.

ok thanks.
Greg
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Greg,

the problem with your cases was that we had two accounts for your email address in our system and one of the didn't have a country. I fixed this and will assign the cases to our support team. You should her back from them today or tomorrow. Sorry for the trouble.