ZBrush Lag

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

jesse.art

ZBrush Lag

Post by jesse.art »

Been using my SMPW for ZBrush for quite some time now and after some initial issues, its been working well-until today. When using it the viewport becomes extremely laggy when navigating. But when I switch to the mouse, its fine. I go back to the SM and the lag returns. To the point where its unusable.

MacOS 10.15.7
3DxWare 10.6.7
Space Mouse Pro Wireless(using wired)
jesse.art

Re: ZBrush Lag

Post by jesse.art »

Update*

After using SM within ZBrush for some time it will begin to lag within the viewport as described in my post. But when I close down ZB and start it back up again, SM will navigate as it should in the viewport until it happens again. I believe it happens after my system wakes from sleep
Lissie

Post by Lissie »

jesse.art wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:33 am Update*

After using SM within ZBrush for some time it will begin to lag within the viewport as described in my post. But when I close down ZB and start it back up again, SM will navigate as it should in the viewport until it happens again. I believe it happens after my system wakes from sleep
Try upgrade the CadMouse to FW 1.11 (even though U are not in macOS Big Sur)
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Lissie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:42 am Try upgrade the CadMouse to FW 1.11.
You may have missed that jesse.art has a "SpaceMouse Pro Wireless", not a CadMouse.

Also, firmware v. 1.11 is for the "CadMouse Wireless". The name "CadMouse" refers to 3Dconnexion's very first mouse product, a wired device.
Nuno Gomes
Lissie

Post by Lissie »

Thank you, I really wasn't very attentive.