iMac will not sleep with SpaceNavigator plugged in

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

PDBreske

iMac will not sleep with SpaceNavigator plugged in

Post by PDBreske »

iMac 27" 5K (2017) with Big Sur 11.2.3 and 3DxWare 10.7.0 beta (3318) with SpaceNavigator NB.

When the SpaceNavigator is plugged in, everything works normally EXCEPT the computer will not stay asleep for more than a few seconds. If I unplug the device, the computer sleeps normally.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone have any ideas how I can fix it? Anyone know when the software will be out of Beta?
zoomer

Re: iMac will not sleep with SpaceNavigator plugged in

Post by zoomer »

I have the same with Enterprise.
While it may sleep with Space Navigator, but there may have been some
Beta Driver and macOS updates since then.

But other than Enterprise which was ok, My Macs will always awake, because of
sensitive original Space Navigator, each time a lorry passes by, I put a cup on my
desk or a lightning strike happens.
I always wished for a driver Setting that excludes (at least some) of my
3DConnection USB devices, beside my keyboarsd, from being able to interrupt
system sleep.
GarthSnyder

Post by GarthSnyder »

I'm seeing this same issue with a (plugged-in) SpaceMouse Pro Wireless, 3DxWare 10.7.0 (3318), and Big Sur 11.4 Beta 1. I was seeing it in the last version of the Big Sur 11.3 beta series as well.

I don't know if this is coincidental, but the SpaceMouse is showing some drift even when not touched. The Calibrate button in the control panel does not help. (Actually, it doesn't seem to do anything at all right now.) Perhaps it's emitting a steady stream of motion data and this is what's preventing the Mac from sleeping.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

There was one 3DCon Beta Version or Big Sur Version when even the CADMouse interrupted sleep.
But before and after it works ok again.

I also experienced my cursor arbitrarily and slowly moving on screen, nut sure but I think I had
only CADMouse Connected (maybe + old original Space Navigator ?)
Normally after the machine idling for some time.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

GarthSnyder wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:00 pm I don't know if this is coincidental, but the SpaceMouse is showing some drift even when not touched.
Drifting can occur if the device sensor cap is left pressing against something for an extended period of time. For example, if the device was left upside-down or with a stack of paper on top. It may take a while (a few days even) for the springs return to the original relaxed position.

If the drifting persists even after leaving the device on top of a horizontal surface without anything leaning against it, then you will want to contact our Technical Support service (contacts here) to have the issue checked out properly.
Nuno Gomes
holbylarsen

Post by holbylarsen »

This is still an issue. I am on and m1 mini with OSX Monterey with the latest drivers