How can I config Cadmouse to use middle button to orbit in fusion 360?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

harleyzhao

How can I config Cadmouse to use middle button to orbit in fusion 360?

Post by harleyzhao »

I tried many times, but can't find a solution. in fusion 360, you need to press shift with middle mouse button to orbit(rotate view), I dont know how to config with cadmouse. I am using the big sir beta driver.

Can anyone help?
kristoffertrix

Re: How can I config Cadmouse to use middle button to orbit in fusion 360?

Post by kristoffertrix »

Hi

Did you find a solution to this problem? I have a similar issues with "pan" in Fusion using the Cadmouse. I have tried to post the issue in the forum too but no one has answered :(

Br. Kris
harleyzhao

Post by harleyzhao »

no one responce.
OhDB

Post by OhDB »

Hi

For Compact CAD mouse I've had this problem when using the bluetooth connection only on Catalan. The wired and Universal receiver worked fine when set up as per below
what used to work on universal receiver
what used to work on universal receiver
Screenshot 2021-10-05 at 16.43.20.png (60.91 KiB) Viewed 11717 times
Now i've updated to Big Sur that doesn't work for any of the connections. for some reason it wont recognise a shift key modifier. i tried setting up macro etc but i can't find a single button method to get it to orbit.

so you can either set up the middle button/wheel button as button 3 and press shift on your keyboard or set up the wheel button as a TYPE KEYSTROKE SHIFT, the middle button as button 3, and press both at the same time. see below.
two button orbit set up
two button orbit set up
Screenshot 2021-10-05 at 16.51.06.png (58.64 KiB) Viewed 11717 times
3Dconnexion need to get the modifiers to work properly on bigsur ASAP to get back to a single button orbit.