no right click after 11.5.2 ?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

dynamoflow

no right click after 11.5.2 ?

Post by dynamoflow »

Just upgraded to Mac OS 11.5.2 restarted and my CAD mouse is not right clickings. Further, in the system control panel, under the "buttons" tab I dont' have feft or right buttons listed, the mapping pull down is only set to "3D mouse"
I tested other mice, they are all working fine.
ngomes

Re: no right click after 11.5.2 ?

Post by ngomes »

dynamoflow wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:42 pm my CAD mouse is not right clickings.
What CadMouse model type do you have?

Depending on the type, it may be necessary to update the firmware. Check the FAQ article for the beta driver here for additional details.
dynamoflow

Post by dynamoflow »

It's a CADMouse wired. I did the firmware, v1.08. The application reports software up to date at 10.7 3295
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Looks like you have a recent CadMouse device (probably a CadMouse Compact). That model should work fine on an M1 machine.

The UI does not list the left and right buttons. This is by design since these buttons have a critical function. In other words, the left and right buttons are not configurable (although the user can still swapped them around).

The main concern is that you mentioned the device is not "right clicking". Perhaps there a hardware issue? Can you try on a different system and see if the hardware works as expected?