SpaceMouse Wireless and CadMouse Compact Wireless familiar issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Woznaldo

SpaceMouse Wireless and CadMouse Compact Wireless familiar issues

Post by Woznaldo »

Good Morning All, I just purchased the SpaceMouse Wireless Kit 2 and while the build quality is excellent (especially the SpaceMouse), I've been frustrated that it has not been simple to setup and use. I'm running a 2014 MacBook Pro and a Boot Camp partition for Windows to run a lot of CAM and CAD programs. I've got issues on the Windows side too, but I'll post in the Windows discussion. I've been running OSX 11.6 Big Sur for a while now, so loaded the 3DxWare 10.7.0 Beta (Big Sur) software.

SpaceMouse: Works perfectly in the 3D Connexion Home - Trainer, haven't tried it in any other program yet.

CadMouse: Works when plugged in through the cable, I can only move the cursor when wireless through the dongle, doesn't work at all through Bluetooth (although it did for a while yesterday) even though it connected fine.

I did a fair bit of searching on the forum and couldn't get any of the fixes (that I read) to work. Uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing. Would the 10.6.7 3DxWare work at all with Big Sur?

Help appreciated.
luping

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless and CadMouse Compact Wireless familiar issues

Post by luping »

No, 3DxWare 10.6.7 is not for MacOS Big Sur. Pay attention to this link:
https://3dconnexion.com/us/support/faq/ ... 1-big-sur/
Known issues:

Wireless CadMouse devices will not work with the Universal Receiver. We recommend using Bluetooth instead.

Please note that this driver is still under development. We do not recommend using it in a production environment where data loss cannot be tolerated.
Woznaldo

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless and CadMouse Compact Wireless familiar issues

Post by Woznaldo »

Thanks luping.