Wireless Spacemouse and distance to reciever

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Karacian

Wireless Spacemouse and distance to reciever

Post by Karacian »

I have had a Wireless Spacemouse for over a year, currently running on a MacBook Pro 2019 and Big Sur. Distance between the Spacemouse and Receiver has always been poor but it worked under 3 feet. Recently something has changed and the distance has dropped to under a foot. This a bit ridiculous when I can use a cheap wireless mouse from across the room. This is the only time when a wired connection is better than a wireless connection. I would understand if this was a cheap device but for the money I paid this should not be happening.

Why is this happening and what can be done to get it back to 3ft or so. Is the reciever faulty, is there a hack to increase transmission power?
ngomes

Re: Wireless Spacemouse and distance to reciever

Post by ngomes »

Karacian wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:24 pm Is the reciever faulty
That would be my guess. Even 3ft seems far too short unless you're in a extremely noisy environment with lots of Bluetooth devices streaming audio or something like that (which is unlikely).

Have a word with our Technical Support team (contacts here).
Nuno Gomes
NicolasDuguay

Post by NicolasDuguay »

I've got the same exact problem, has there been a fix?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

NicolasDuguay wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:32 pm I've got the same exact problem, has there been a fix?
If you a hardware problem, then the "fix" is to have the device replaced. I suggest having a word with my Technical Support colleagues (follow link in my post above).