M1 Max / Monterey 12.0.1 issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

pippopz

M1 Max / Monterey 12.0.1 issues

Post by pippopz »

Wondering if anyone else with one of the new M1's is having issues using the Space Mouse. I did contact 3D Connexion and they did create a support ticket, but I thought reaching out here to see if anyone else had better luck than I did in getting it to work. Most likely not because according to 3DC's customer service, the mouse is not compatible with the new M1 chips :|

This is a huge bummer :(

I do hope they can expedite a driver that will work with the M1's.
luping

Re: M1 Max / Monterey 12.0.1 issues

Post by luping »

How can you develop hardware driver if you don't have the M1 chip based Mac PC? This is the case for 3Dconnexion. It's too costly to buy a MacBook.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

pippopz wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:05 pm according to 3DC's customer service, the mouse is not compatible with the new M1 chips :|
Surely there must be a misunderstanding. We have been spending a great deal of effort to ensure full compatibility with macOS 11 on both Intel and M1 machines.
There's already one (and has been since March with the "beta 15" release). Have a look here.
Nuno Gomes
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

luping wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:35 pm How can you develop hardware driver if you don't have the M1 chip based Mac PC? This is the case for 3Dconnexion. It's too costly to buy a MacBook.
This I cannot fathom. If new drivers could be developed by simply buying a new machine, all work would have been done last year.

We have enough M1 machines for software development to go around.
luping

Post by luping »

ngomes wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:06 am
luping wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:35 pm How can you develop hardware driver if you don't have the M1 chip based Mac PC? This is the case for 3Dconnexion. It's too costly to buy a MacBook.
This I cannot fathom. If new drivers could be developed by simply buying a new machine, all work would have been done last year.

We have enough M1 machines for software development to go around.
:) Sorry for the wild speculation.
KlaudioPer

Post by KlaudioPer »

Hello ngomes,
How safe is to update an iMac 27" (intel) from Big Sur to Monterey, working with Space Mouse Enterprise (3dWare v10.7.0) ?
I do remember few "hiccups" last time when Apple machines updated to Big Sur..... this time I'm asking before :D .... better safe than sorry :lol:
thanks in advance for your answer.

ngomes wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:04 am
pippopz wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:05 pm according to 3DC's customer service, the mouse is not compatible with the new M1 chips :|
Surely there must be a misunderstanding. We have been spending a great deal of effort to ensure full compatibility with macOS 11 on both Intel and M1 machines.
There's already one (and has been since March with the "beta 15" release). Have a look here.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

KlaudioPer wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:55 am How safe is to update an iMac 27" (intel) from Big Sur to Monterey, working with Space Mouse Enterprise (3dWare v10.7.0) ?
Please do note that we cannot possible cover all Mac systems and application combinations and your experience may not match what we're seeing.

Having said that, I believe it to be safe. The technology transition occurred in macOS 11. If it works well in macOS 11.6.1, then chances are it will work just as well on macOS 12.