CadMouse Pro Wireless & Monterey does not work

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Rolf the Wolf

CadMouse Pro Wireless & Monterey does not work

Post by Rolf the Wolf »

Dear all, just received the box with CadMouse Pro Wireless and SpaceMouse.

Need your urgent advice as the mouse pointer does move but there is no action with left or right click.
Security is permission for the new mouse, Mac with Monterey rebooted twice but still does not work.
Frustration!
Mac 12.0.1 Monterey
3dconnexion Beta Version installed

I assume that the mouse can be used for all applications as well as Excel, Word and not only for 3D software.

Any advice is welcome and thanks

Rolf
ngomes

Re: CadMouse Pro Wireless & Monterey does not work

Post by ngomes »

Rolf the Wolf wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:31 am CadMouse Pro Wireless [...] the mouse pointer does move but there is no action with left or right click.
Please confirm the CadMouse model that you have and how is connected to your Mac.

No click action is a known issue with the original CadMouse (wired device) and the CadMouse Wireless but the CadMouse Pro Wireless is not known to be affected by that particular problem.

Also that the wireless CadMouse must be connected over Bluetooth on macOS 11 and newer (the included dongle is only supported on macOS 10.15 and older versions of the operating system).

Connecting your CadMouse over Bluetooth will probably fix the issue you're observing.
Nuno Gomes
Pruim037

Post by Pruim037 »

I'm having issues with my spacemouse under Monterey, it is linked to the receiver, but it is not doing anything at all.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Pruim037 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:50 am I'm having issues with my spacemouse under Monterey, it is linked to the receiver, but it is not doing anything at all.
Answered here.
constellation

Post by constellation »

ngomes wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:22 am The wireless CadMouse must be connected over Bluetooth on macOS 11 and newer (the included dongle is only supported on macOS 10.15 and older versions of the operating system).
Is it still true? Is there any way to use the wireless CadMouse over the dongle with Monterey? The Bluetooth of the mouse is very very laggy on my M1Pro MacBook...
The mouse is unusable :/
constellation

Post by constellation »

ngomes wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:22 am
Also that the wireless CadMouse must be connected over Bluetooth on macOS 11 and newer (the included dongle is only supported on macOS 10.15 and older versions of the operating system).
Is it still true? Is there a way to make the wireless mouse work with the dongle in Monterey? The Bluetooth is very very laggy and the mouse unusable...
jesse.art

Post by jesse.art »

It won't work with the dongle. You need to use BT instead. I have the same setup and this is the workaround until 3DC fixes it.
yvesfouquet4

Post by yvesfouquet4 »

I have the Cadmouse Wireless and connected via Bluetooth on a Mac M1 running Monterey 12.3.1 and the mouse buttons are not working
The mouse is connected and is able to move/scroll.

I have installed 3DxWareMac_v10-7-0_r3411.dmg software package
yvesfouquet4

Post by yvesfouquet4 »

I have a Cadmouse Wireless connected via Bluetooth (not via dongle) to my Macbook M1 - Monterey 12.3.1
Installed the following software: 3DxWareMac_v10-7-0_r3411

Sadly the mouse only moves or scrolls but the mouse buttons don't work at all.
Ive googled and searched around for solutions which apparently are already around for a while.
Is there no fix for this and am I forced to get rid of this mouse again (which would be very unfortunate)?

Hoping for a positive answer

Regards
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

yvesfouquet4 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:18 pm I have the Cadmouse Wireless and connected via Bluetooth on a Mac M1 running Monterey 12.3.1 and the mouse buttons are not working
The device firmware may need to be upgraded. See here for more details.
constellation

Post by constellation »

Can someone @ 3DConnexion TEST and say something about the mouse giant LAG via bluetooth?
laserwaves

Post by laserwaves »

constellation wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:13 am Can someone @ 3DConnexion TEST and say something about the mouse giant LAG via bluetooth?
I've dealt with this kind of company before. They aren't going to do a damn thing because the owner has the last say on everything and they are likely a **********.

Moderator edit (May 3, 2022): removed foul language (see BOARD RULES under "Be respectful").
constellation

Post by constellation »

I agree.

MAC USERS, AVOID 3D CONNEXION HARDWARE: IT'S NOT SUPPORTED AS STATED.
luping

Post by luping »

laserwaves wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:27 am
constellation wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:13 am Can someone @ 3DConnexion TEST and say something about the mouse giant LAG via bluetooth?
I've dealt with this kind of company before. They aren't going to do a damn thing because the owner has the last say on everything and they are likely a **********.

Moderator edit (May 3, 2022): removed foul language (see BOARD RULES under "Be respectful").
You agreed to the '3DCONNEXION SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT' to install the 3DxWare driver, there's the alert 'IMPORTANT: READ THIS NOTICE BEFORE USING THE SOFTWARE', read carefully section 5, 6, 7 of the license agreement!
mthd97

Post by mthd97 »

CadMouse wireless working on my Mac Monterey with Apple silicone.

How ? Please follow the instructions on this link.

https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support/faq/ ... ick-macos/
MTHD AC24 & CAX10
HP W10 & ASM M1
CadMouse Wireless