Bluetooth Cross-device connection

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

marcarch

Bluetooth Cross-device connection

Post by marcarch »

I read that Microsoft is bringing device management over bluetooth on all Xbox controllers, even old ones.

Could 3Dx do something similar for the Wireless CAD Mouse so we can quickly switch between previously connected devices?
I would use this for switching between macOS, Win and iPadOS. Of course it would need a firmware update.
ngomes

Re: Bluetooth Cross-device connection

Post by ngomes »

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious here but, on Windows, users can switch between the Universal Receiver and Bluetooth connections, allowing the CadMouse to operate on two separate devices without having to go through the entire pairing process.

On macOS 11 and newer, wireless CadMouse model cannot operate over Universal Receiver (buttons won't click) and this feature isn't available any longer.
Nuno Gomes
marcarch

Re: Bluetooth Cross-device connection

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:01 am Perhaps I'm stating the obvious here but, on Windows, users can switch between the Universal Receiver and Bluetooth connections, allowing the CadMouse to operate on two separate devices without having to go through the entire pairing process.
Yes, that's the workaround today, but a third device (iPad, another Mac or USB-C only Win) would be out.
Of course I was thinking beyond Universal Receiver, since USB-A is slowing starting to disappear and USB-C Universal Receiver it's hard to realize (I read there are many issues between wireless dongles and USB-C).