Spacemouse VS MacOS Monterey

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Pruim037

Spacemouse VS MacOS Monterey

Post by Pruim037 »

Has anyone got his Spacemouse wireless working under MacOS Monterey?
I'm using the beta drivers, my cadmouse compact is working via a direct Bluetooth connection, but my Spacemouse wireless via the receiver is not working.
ngomes

Re: Spacemouse VS MacOS Monterey

Post by ngomes »

Pruim037 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:53 am my Spacemouse wireless via the receiver is not working.
And if you connect the SpaceMouse Wireless by cable?

If it still won't work, then you have likely skipped enabling the extension in the "Security & Privacy" in System Preferences.
Nuno Gomes
Leah

Post by Leah »

Hi,

I have enabled "Security and Privacy" in System Preferences and downloaded the most recent beta driver. The spacemouse then works for about ten minutes. Every time I reopen my software (SketchUp 2021) the pattern repeats--ten minutes of use and it stops working. Any idea what else I can try? I'm quite desperate to get it working again.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Leah wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:18 pm Every time I reopen my software (SketchUp 2021) the pattern repeats--ten minutes of use and it stops working.
For reference: also reported here and here.
Any idea what else I can try? I'm quite desperate to get it working again.
Perhaps downgrading to "beta 19" may help until we have the next update in place. To downgrade, uninstall the driver (Finder > Applications > 3Dconnexion > "Uninstall ...") and reboot when prompted. Then, download "beta 19" (see here) and and install it.
Kabe

Post by Kabe »

I tried to install the current beta driver on my MacBook Pro 2021, and it completely froze the trackpad.
So I rebooted in safe mode and deinstalled the driver.

However, accidentally I discovered that macOS seems to have some default driver which finds the device. Tilting in the plane actually moves the cursor, and rotating seems to be mapped to scroll up/down. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, but at least it seems it's „only“ software, and the usb connection generally seems to work just fine out of the box.

Hope it helps someone.

Klaus
Sentry1

Post by Sentry1 »

Perhaps downgrading to "beta 19" may help until we have the next update in place. To downgrade, uninstall the driver (Finder > Applications > 3Dconnexion > "Uninstall ...") and reboot when prompted. Then, download "beta 19" (see here) and and install it.
I was having a similar problem using my wireless spacemouse in Zbrush Core With Big Sur. It would run for about ten minutes and then Zbrush would just lock up and stop responding. I thought I had nothing to lose by trying the above suggestion and it indeed has solved my problem completely. I'm very happy as I'd been fighting with this for several days to no avail. Downgrading to "beta 19" seems to be a fix for this at least for the moment. :D
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

The first "release candidate" (RC1) of driver v. 10.7.0 was published yesterday, Dec 13th. The update includes a fix for the "lock up" issue reported in this topic.

More details here.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Kabe wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:08 am I tried to install the current beta driver on my MacBook Pro 2021, and it completely froze the trackpad.
Sorry we missed this earlier.

Anyway, for future reference: if you have enabled the Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present option, then the system may block the trackpad since the driver includes a mouse emulation feature.
Kabe

Post by Kabe »

Thanks for pointing to that option, disabling this solved the issue for me (with the current drivers, which are 1.2.0.262, and Monterey 12.3.1 on a MacBook Pro M1).

So now, it works fine in Blender, Cinema 4D, ZBrush, Shapr 3D. Support for Agisoft MetaShape seems to be broken, yet this looks more like an issue in their end to me (the device is listed in their preference, but it simply doesn't do anything).
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Version 10.7.2 was published today and should address some of the instabilities seen in SketchUp.

The software is available for download from here.