Keyboard Pro with a Mac

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

jbonny

Keyboard Pro with a Mac

Post by jbonny »

Has anyone been able to make the Keyboard Pro work with a Mac? This keyboard/number pad is exactly what I've been looking for and I let my excitement keep me from seeing that it's clearly specified only for Windows not for MacOS. But since I have it now I'd like to find a way make it work with Big Sur. When I first plugged it in my machine recognized it but the setup stalled and when I aborted and tried again it had become invisible to the OS.

Then I tried remapping it with Karabiner which sees it perfectly but it remains invisible to the OS. I've successfully used Karabiner to remap Windows keyboards in the past but the OS was always able to see those keyboards. Not sure why it won't see the Keyboard Pro. Any ideas about making this work? Or should I just sent the thing back and wait for 3D CONNEXION to realize that designers using Macs are people too and port this keyboard to the MacOS?
luping

Re: Keyboard Pro with a Mac

Post by luping »

The majority user base is on Windows PC, may be not economically viable to support MacOS for a new keyboard.
Newtone

Post by Newtone »

I have the exact same problem. Got exited, and bought it, just to find out it did not support Mac OS. Has anyone any knowledge to whether it might be supported in the future?
jesse.art

Post by jesse.art »

Yeah, I don't think it is officially supported on Mac. At least last I checked it was not
testanley3

Post by testanley3 »

Hello. It's been a while since the question of Mac OS support for the Keybaord Pro was updated. Is there an update? Could we ask for an official disposition from 3Dconnexion on whether they EVER plan to provide Mac support for this? Hard to imagine that the Mac user market is too small to warrant this investment. But if the answer is "never", please say so, so we can move on to something else. Thanks!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

As noted in the technical specification (available here), 3Dconnexion supports the Keyboard Pro on Windows only.

About making a never or ever comment, I couldn't possibly do that. In fact, I don't know anyone that would since plans do change but, for now at least, official support is Windows only.
Nuno Gomes