Button Mapping

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

alecks

Button Mapping

Post by alecks »

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here goes...

I'm trying to map the Right button on the Navigator so it toggles the Hotbox in maya. Same functionality you would get by pressing Spacebar.

1. I tried going through the custom button mapping MEL in maya, but cannot find the appropriate function to do this. There is a category for Hotbox on the left, but there are no listed functions when it's selected. I tried created a custom function calling "ShowHotbox" and that does it, but doesn't Toggle it, and just stays up. I don't know enough of MEL/Maya to know if there is a ToggleHotbox command that would do it (tried that one, not it).

2. I tried doing it from OSX system prefs. Went to Buttons, Custom Functions..., defined a simple function for Keystroke, Space, click Done, but There is no place that I can find that would let me assign my custom function to the R button. Loggically, it seems it should appear in the dropdown list for R, but it doesnt.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks much

Alex
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Doing option 2 is the easy solution. However, the current beta does not allow assigning those macros yet. It will be there in the final driver in a couple of weeks
Ryan Fox

Maya OSX buttom mapping?!?

Post by Ryan Fox »

This is a real pain... I've purchased this product thinking that the driver will allow me to map any key... in this case, the Apple command, control and shift keys for use in maya.

However.. I've attempted to change this under Sys pref, but nothing's listed, also attempted maya, but all button mappings are either grayed out or locked.

Please see to this

R.F van Aarden
Condor Admin.
GregVDS

Post by GregVDS »

Maybe you should try with ControllerMate, waiting for the guys here doing the next driver?

CrontollerMate allows you to map anything to anything. Even the demo version could do the job you ask I think, but once you'll taste it, you'll want more, I'm sure ;-)

All the best,

GregVDS
All the best,

GregVDS