Space Explorer Newb Photoshop Problem/Qestion

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Mike Griggs

Post by Mike Griggs »

Hi all, Im trying a space explorer on my macbook pro running the latest version of Lion.

I have downloaded and installed the latest official drivers and installed the plugins. I'm working fine in Google earth, cinema4D, etc, but in Photoshop, although the buttons on the explorer are working the knob isn't doing anything, I thought I was able to pan etc. I also have a wacom intuous 4 lugged in on another usb port. Am I doing something wrong, the plugin for photoshop is sitting there happily enough?

weird.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hi Mike -

For pan and zoom, there are a couple of things to check . If zoom is not available , open Photoshop's Preferences and un-check the 'Zoom with scroll wheel' option in the General section. When the zoom function is assigned to the standard mouse's scroll wheel, it can keep it from being available for your 3Dconnexion device. Photoshop needs to be re-started for this to take change to take effect.

If you are not able to pan , zoom in a bit so that there is enough room to pan inside your Photoshop window. One way to see this is using the Navigator window. In the Photoshop Navigator , a red border shows the visible portion of the image. If the red border fills the Navigator window , pan is not available since there is no horizontal or vertical area to move to. As you move the slider to the right and zoom in to an area of the image, the red border around the visible portion of the image becomes smaller thus allowing room to pan vertically and horizontally.

The first time Photoshop is opened with the 3DxPhotoshop plugin installed did you see the pop-up message that you need to create a shortcut for it? The shortcut doesn't affect navigation - it controls changing brush size only.If you are not seeing the shortcut message, though, it indicates the plug-in is not loading. Do you see 3DxPhotoshop listed under File-Automate ?Also - which Photoshop version are you using ?

-------------------------
Barbara
Mike Griggs

Post by Mike Griggs »

Hi Barbara, the plugin isn't loading then, as none of that worked and the plugin is in my photoshop 5.1 plugin folder
Mike Griggs

Post by Mike Griggs »

Found the problem, plugin only works in 32 bit mode on cs 5.5 extended, is this going to be fixed?