How to do a full uninstall on Mac OS 10.7

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

brunosales

How to do a full uninstall on Mac OS 10.7

Post by brunosales »

Hi !

I need to do a clean install of my space explorer on my mac os, but i don`t know how to full uninstall it. In the faq section there is only windows` instructions.

Every time i install it i still have the same profiles and settings that i had before. Can anybody help me? Feeling such a noob...

I need a clean install because my space explorer is not working with photoshop CS5 (12.0.4) 64bits anymore, not even the buttons! In my macbook it works flawlessly. I think something went wrong when i changed photoshop to 32bit mode and went back. I don`t have any problem with others softwares like inDesign, Chrome and etc.

Ah! The buttons doesn`t work in photoshop running 32bit neither... just the navigation.

Thanks in advance!
brunosales

Post by brunosales »

I`m using the 10.0.4 version btw...
brunosales

Post by brunosales »

Nevermind, i just deleted all com.3dconnexion.plists in the user/library/preferences.

Now everything is working good again, it seens that a i had a something wrong in my mappings.

Using Space Explorer in Mac OS 10.7.2 in the Photoshop CS5 64bits in 2D mode only, and everything works great.
stevesmart

Post by stevesmart »

Hi,

In future, a great was of completely uninstalling apps from a Mac is to use an app called "AppZapper" (get it from the App Store). Just select the app in question, and it gets rid of all associated files.

I'm a huge fan of Macs, but I do think it needs to have a better/clearer uninstall method.

Steve.