Unable to map buttons in Cineam 4d r13

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Mike Griggs

Unable to map buttons in Cineam 4d r13

Post by Mike Griggs »

Hi I ave just bought a space explorer USB, and have cinema 4d r13, while the mouse drives the objects fine, aim unable to map the buttons, I have uninstalled the 3d connexion software and binned the prefs but no luck.

I am on lion 10.7.2 using the 10.0.4 drivers for the 3d connexion.
ANy ideas?
UtaSH

Re: Unable to map buttons in Cineam 4d r13

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Mike Griggs,

did you as well try the current release software (3DxWareMac 1.6.3)?
Mike Griggs

Post by Mike Griggs »

yup tried that and reinstall of r13, no luck, when i reinstalled the 10.0.4 drivers which work better, still no luck
Mike Griggs

Post by Mike Griggs »

also performed test on different mac, running same vernon of cinema 4d, buttons unable to be mapped - FIX PLEASE, i emailed tech support but got pointless answer re the fact i was using the anywhere driver.
crobl

Post by crobl »

Hi Mike,

the only idea I have by now, but you might have don't that already as you "binned the prefs":
Please remove the entry "Cinema 4D" and add your freshly installed Cinema 4D within the driver's prefs panel.

Can you also please tell me what functions you're trying to map?

Regards,

Christian Robl
Mike Griggs

Post by Mike Griggs »

so binned the prefs multiple time, example I am trying is to map the 'o' key to the FIT button
crobl

Post by crobl »

Hi Mike,

that is strange and I know you don't like to read this: Works fine for me.

I today tested a different macro "<apple><a> + <s>" with a SpaceExplorer and 3DxWareMac 1.6.3 and 10.0.4. Out of curiosity - what does "s" actually do and what is different to "o"?

I must apology first, since you surely already did the following steps over and over, too, but just to avoid any misunderstandings, please try to reproduce them.

Here is what I did:
- open the driver's prefs pane
- add (if necessary replace) the application "Cinema 4D" in the prefs pane.
- select this new "Cinema 4D" configuration
- got to "Buttons" tab, "Custom Functions..."
- add "+" a macro and set a name to it (I called it "Fit Macro")
- add a Macro step "+", change the step type to "Keystroke" and set <none> to "o" by typing it in.
- "Done"
- select "Fit Macro" for the "FIT" button
- "OK"

Then in C4D: hitting the "FIT" button centers the object.
Well, it actually took me a few moments to find out that "o" needs to have an object selected (same with "s"). Otherwise, nothing happened - same thing as if "o" pressed on the keyboard.

Btw. you can check if the config correctly addresses C4D if you assign "Increase/Decrease Sensitivity" to "+"/"-" respectively, leave the driver's prefs pane open on the "Device" tab and then go to C4D (make the C4D window active) and press "+"/"-". If the config is correct you'll see the "Overall speed" slider change (as long as the C4D application/window is active) while you press the device buttons.

In this case, the macro will (or lets say, should) also work.

Last question: Is the "Fit Macro" in the prefs assigned to "FIT"?

Please let me know, what your results on these steps are!

Regards,

Christian Robl
Mike Griggs

Post by Mike Griggs »

yup had done all that, but did it again, whats weird, is that the cinema 4d custom functions never get replaced, on either mac, unless you totally reinstall the driver, but then your back to square one, and cinema still don't work
Mike Griggs

Post by Mike Griggs »

FIXED!

In lion, went to my library, and typed 3D connexion, instead of just trashing the prefs, so everything was picked up including caches, deleted them all rebooted and am now working :D