Apple Silicon + Monterey + 3DConnexion + C4D R25+

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

megatrick

Apple Silicon + Monterey + 3DConnexion + C4D R25+

Post by megatrick »

Hi all,

I thought I would post something if there are any Cinema 4D R25 Mac users searching in vain for information on using their 3DConnexion device with a new M1 processor-based Mac. The good news is that 3D Connexion release of 3DxWare 10.7 in January of 2022 seems to work well with Mac OS Monterey 12. I have a Space Explorer mouse, and I hooked it up and at first it just would not work with Cinema4D R25 at all. Just dead in the water, but it worked like poetry in motion in Blender.

Turns out Maxon disabled 3D mice use in the Apple Silicon version of C4D R25 (for whatever reason). So… if you really want to use your 3DConnexion mouse on C4D Mac, you need to boot the Intel version of the app to actually get it to work. So once I got it working I had a hard time figuring out why C4D’s implementation, which they do on their own, sucks so freaking bad. You just can’t use the thing. So I messed around with the settings, and finally determined that unchecking that little left-right-arrow thing (<->) on their 3D connexion toolbox - Viewport -> View --> 3D Connexion (see screenshot) actually made it function like it did in every application. That is, it only manipulates one axis at a time, which actually makes sense and is how it’s handled on all other apps. So there you have it. 3D Connexion working well again on Mac (for me) in C4D, but kinda defeats the purpose of having Apple Silicon and can't use Redshift if you want to use that sweet 3d mouse.

阿德张

回复:Apple Silicon + Monterey + 3DConnexion + C4D R25+

Post by 阿德张 »

Hello!
The method according to the article was not successful. I didn't even find this menu and interface. Please give me some advice
Thank you very much!!
zoomer

Re: Apple Silicon + Monterey + 3DConnexion + C4D R25+

Post by zoomer »

Hmmh, I am stuck with C4D R21.

I have a M1 Mini 16 GB with 12.3 Monterey and 3DConnexion original old
Space Navigator seems to still work fine.
R 21 is still via Rosetta 2 of course.
My 3DCon Driver is 10.7.0 (3411)
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

BTW

C4D never had "lock horizon" support for me.
Without that feature I get mad or ill anyway.

Modo, Vectorworks, Bricscad, Blender, ... always worked fine at least.
megatrick

Post by megatrick »

阿德张

Did you try booting C4D as Rosetta? That was the only way I got it to work.