Still no sleep...

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

holbylarsen

Still no sleep...

Post by holbylarsen »

Hi

I upgraded to the latest drivers today hoping it would fix the sleep issue. I can still not put my m1 mini with Osx Monterey to sleep, it wakes up after a few seconds every time. Disconnecting the spacemouse fixes this issue.

This is a bad waste of energy :!:

There are some threads here about this issue so I am not alone, but is there an official answer anywhere?

Thank you
ngomes

Re: Still no sleep...

Post by ngomes »

holbylarsen wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:09 am Disconnecting the spacemouse fixes this issue.
What is the model of your SpaceMouse?

Since you mention the computer exits sleep mode "after a few seconds every time", you may have a drifting device.
Nuno Gomes
holbylarsen

Post by holbylarsen »

Hi

It's part of a Wireless Kit 2 that I purchased 3 months ago. How do check the version?

cheers
holbylarsen

Post by holbylarsen »

Hi

This problem is real and I think a more conclusive follow-up is warranted. Is the forum not the place?

Thank you
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

No (reliable) sleep here on M1 Mini either ....
(now 12.3 PB 3)
design

Post by design »

I am new customer, bought into hype of few youtubers and bought Spacemouse.
Now it wakes my computer every few seconds and imac screen flickers.
My work room happens to be also my bedroom.
********** mint, this is what I have always wanted from a product. A highpriced ********** that does not work.
Also, you cant find support email unless registered and all kinds of data gathering done.
But ordering product was very easy without making any customer account. :lol: :lol:

Lets see if I get new product that might work, reading yours I am 99% sure that none of them works.
I will start drumming the drum on forums and youtube until I have gotten resolve and my moneys worth.
I did not know 3Dconnexion is hoax company, and wants enemies.... well tomorrows answer to my emails will tell.

Moderator edit (Mar 30, 2022): removed foul language (see BOARD RULES under "Be respectful").
mcscot

Post by mcscot »

Okay so glad I'm not the only one having this problem.

Cadmouse Pro on Bluetooth. Mac Mini M1 not sleeping, instead sleeps then wakes up again. Just tried on my new Mac Studio and same problem. I also updated the firmware to see if that would fix it. Confirmed no problem when connected via USB.

My solution (crazy that I have to do this) is to have a terminal open, click on that, switch mouse off, then execute

pmset sleepnow

It works, but not exactly the situation I would expect on premium products.

Tried the supplied USB wireless dongle, but for some reason that does work with the buttons !!, but if I switch to BT mode, click in terminal, then back to Dongle Mode, and try the machine wakes up again after going to sleep briefly.

I'm concluding something in the mouse is still sending a wireless command waking the computer up.

We now have several Mac Updates since I spotted this, so assume it could be a driver issue ?