SMEnterprise ShortPress/LongPress Mapping issue

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

nextr

SMEnterprise ShortPress/LongPress Mapping issue

Post by nextr »

On SM Enterprise, is it possible to map the QuickView Buttons to behave like the Pro Quickview buttons?

Mapping both ShortPress and LongPress assignments to the same keystroke (option for example) does not work. It seems to ignore the short-press assignment, then eventually jumps to the long-press assignment after a delay.

On SMPro, I mapped quickview "R" button to "option." I used this button almost continuously in zbrush to reverse the sculpt direction on the fly. The Pro "F" button was mapped to "spacebar" to pull up frequently used brush options.

Just upgraded to enterprise from pro but not sure I will keep it if the right side buttons cant be assigned normally. Using my pinkie to frequently jump between shift, space and option keys is not viable. The pro's ability to sculpt with pinkie on shift and thumb moving between space and alt is fluid and natural.

Hoping for a solution, suggestions.

Thanks!
The SpaceMouse Enterprise features five QuickView Buttons helping you to quickly bring your drawing or 3D model into the desired view. The buttons have a secondary assignment (blue font) that you can call up by a long press. You can program both the first assignment and the second assignment of the buttons in the 3Dconnexion Settings.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 8.58.45 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 8.58.45 AM.jpg (164.66 KiB) Viewed 7197 times