How can I setup/configure buttons in Maya 2012 and OSX?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Hokeypokey

How can I setup/configure buttons in Maya 2012 and OSX?

Post by Hokeypokey »

Hey there,

I recently got my new Spacemouse pro and I am very happy so far. I am using the mouse with Maya 2012 and Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

Unfortunately I did not figure out how to setup the buttons. I checked the plugin manager and everything is loaded as it should. But how do I assign a button to a specific function? Only the "esc", "ctrl", "shift" and "esc" keys besides the menu button are functional. I need the 1,2,3,4 and viewportbuttons to change the viewing angle to "top", "side" etc..

I searched the forum and did not find any thread dealing with my problem. Is there anyone that can explain the steps on how to get the buttons working using the example of the "topview" button?

I am very happy about an answer!

Merry Christmas!

Chris
renderfarmer

Post by renderfarmer »

Hi Chris,

On your Spacemouse, click the "menu" button. Then, from the pop-up menu choose "customize buttons". Alternatively, go to 3D Control > Customize Buttons in Maya's top menu.

Once there, find your desired functions in the left hand list (very tedious) right click the desired function and chose a button to assign it to. Alternatively, Middle-click/drag the function to the button slot on the right.